Liemavick's Contest build, STOL from scratch

Liemavick

Mentor
Contest thread is here.

http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?4445-CONTEST!!!!-Build-a-STOL-Bush-Plane

I'll be attempting a STOL using $Tree foam board. My fus is drawn out and ready to cut. Can someone tell the Moderator Im not real good at following a lot of rules, so keep them simple. Hell even no rules would be even better!

DSCN0094.JPG

Liemavick

Mentor
That's what I like about you Fred, you run a tight ship. Im done for tonight, I need to give Teach a chance to catch up. :)

DSCN0098.JPG

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
No rudder, yank and bank. The whole tail wing pivots, so this thing should do a loop in its own shadow. The boss said he wanted creativity so who am I to disappoint.

Great :D

I just set up my Bixler with 20º throw on elevator up - it's gonna be a jumpy ride :p

quorneng

Master member
Liemavick
Just because its 'bank and yank' still means you need adequate fin area - in fact you need it even more.
With its current proportions I fear you may find it tends to 'spiral in' very readily. :(

Liemavick

Mentor
More tail fin is now in the plans, thanks to all who gave input. Although spiraling in may give me an advantage in a STOL "landing", not much roll after :)

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Bah... take a break with a build. Slap something together. I'll make sure it wins, just to keep one of these other two from winning.

Liemavick

Mentor
So it's come to this? Promising victory just for entering? Sheesh, Talk about abuse of POWER! Did Chad bring you onboard straight out of prison or was it a gang reform group? lol