Life of the simple scout in the pines

M

MCNC

Hit twice out of seems 50 tries. Wedged in well....

IMG_20201206_102221.jpg
IMG_20201206_102229.jpg

M

MCNC

not down yet... Limited time to spend plus I am a poor archer

Bricks

Master member
What I have used in the past is a fishing pole with a tear dropped piece of wood tied on the end, and strong line.

Rhaps

Elite member
not down yet... Limited time to spend plus I am a poor archer
I had my Storch stuck in the tree same way in the summer.
We also used bow to get it down but we had string attached to the arrow.
Then we shot the arrow over the branch and swung the branch until the plane detached.

(we also tried to break the branch with a shotgun but only managed to make cool holes in the wing:cool:)

M

MCNC

Rhaps, I have used the method you and Bricks suggested which by the way is what my wife suggested as well but I was so intent on making the apple-shot that I ran out of time and the rain set in. I will probably resort to the string in hopes of at least getting my prop back... The limbs are large and dense in that part of the tree so who knows. Thanks.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Rhaps, I have used the method you and Bricks suggested which by the way is what my wife suggested as well but I was so intent on making the apple-shot that I ran out of time and the rain set in. I will probably resort to the string in hopes of at least getting my prop back... The limbs are large and dense in that part of the tree so who knows. Thanks.
find an able youth who is active pay them $10 and get them to climb the tree.... with a saw

M

MCNC

It's about 30 feet up, I drive by it daily which makes it worse. . Think I am going to take a shot at it this morning again. 28 degrees out is not motivating. .

L Edge

Master member
In order to get planes out of trees, you need a device that you can push from below the model and push up and out of all the branches. Pull down devices still trap in order for it to drop.(Worse is the landing gear wrapped between a limb joint.)
Solved it by (LHS) where I purchased 6 ft aluminum poles where you stick one end inside the other and the button(hole in the other) snap. If you try to go 50 ft with no support, you will bend and snap the poles. You put can put 3-4-5 together and aim to rest it on a tree branch to line up with stuck plane. With the other extensions by you, now reach down and add the new section and guide the poles up and use limbs to support(repeat) until you reach your model. If you pick the right approach, you can get it unstuck and move the plane outwards or whatever so you can work it free. Unsnap a section, lower and do it again if needed. Works good when you are by yourself.

Every time you end up there and don't get it down quickly, your lipo dies. How about the replacement RX. I paid $8 per pole and bought 9 of them. Had success each time. Being a club member, I carry them(wrapped in tuck tape) in my car and it is be used at the field a number of times.

M

MCNC

I have used bow, string with weight or 2 poles joined by rebar to reach 20 feet for different times, this is the highest. I like the aluminum idea, may look for those. Got a bamboo forest nearby, I may try those instead of purchase poles to begin with. thanks for the ideas guys. the battery is toast but my lemon rx may be ok.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
I have used bow, string with weight or 2 poles joined by rebar to reach 20 feet for different times, this is the highest. I like the aluminum idea, may look for those. Got a bamboo forest nearby, I may try those instead of purchase poles to begin with. thanks for the ideas guys. the battery is toast but my lemon rx may be ok.
don't say that. I've dropped a lip in the pool before.... fished it out recharged and it was fine

GliderFlyer

Elite member
don't say that. I've dropped a lip in the pool before.... fished it out recharged and it was fine
I left a lipo in my pocket and it went in with the wash. It did not survive that even after putting it in rice for several days:cautious:
It is possible to resurrect lipos by charging them on the nimh setting until the voltage is high enough to charge on the lipo setting. But CAUTION! keep a very close eye on the voltage-that is also how lipos can explode.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
I left a lipo in my pocket and it went in with the wash. It did not survive that even after putting it in rice for several days:cautious:
It is possible to resurrect lipos by charging them on the nimh setting until the voltage is high enough to charge on the lipo setting. But CAUTION! keep a very close eye on the voltage-that is also how lipos can explode.
WE'VE ACCIDENTALLY PUT AN IPOD MUSIC PLAYER IN THE WASH IT CAME OUT WAS RECHARGED AND MY DAD AND I ARE NOW USING IT....... THAT'S WHY I LOVE APPLE'S PRODUCTS