94B0865C-230A-4507-9FBD-556C2CB2DD67.jpeg
02CF3A72-24ED-470C-B3D2-85267AA7A7F1.jpeg
8238C65C-970E-4FE8-9ABA-B5A7158C8D4F.jpeg
7F503400-7492-463C-8D7C-7F7AEBB1EAFD.jpeg
B6E85ED9-A1DC-4D6A-BA85-638735CCC7C2.jpeg
I call it the mountain scout

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
If you like the Mini Scout, (did you hear that @buzzbomb (y)), It will do the ailerons as well and you only need one servo, no NEED to go to the bigger brother, although it does fly better.

The TT would be a good one for the "FLY AS HARD AS YOU CAN!!" challenge. It would really open up your potential if you don't care what happens to the plane. I fly like that all the time, instead I do get a little miffed when they crash lol. I build so many. I just got one finished last night and have already wrecked it to the point where it needs a rehab. There are another two on the bench that need to be salvaged out for electronics.

I am actually trying to dial in a plane design I like on the majority of characteristics I am looking for, so I can just keep rebuilding the same plane. Making tweeks along the way and fly it like I stole it.

Javiester

Elite member
I also really like to build them, I almost do not repair them, I replace them and so I am trying new models
I only stay the ones that I like very much and fly well, I also don't have much space at home
Last weekend I split a mini Mustang wing and finished a mini sporster to try it
Now I'm riding the big Mustang to see if it flies as well as the spitfire

IMG_20191103_005227.jpg

programmed with Flaperons and without rudder

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
That's a good looking stable! I like your Mountain Scout a lot. It looks like it would fly pretty docile for a Mini Scout derivative. I liked the Mini Scout platform so much, I made a biplane out of it. :)

Don't hold your breath on the TT giving up the ghost, though. They can be surprisingly resilient in the hands of someone who can actually fly.... :whistle::whistle::whistle::sneaky::ROFLMAO:

K3V0

Elite member
Lol, now I’m gonna try to fly the TT hard. I think you’re right about the slow flying. The park I’m at is pretty popular so I don’t want to get to out of control while I learn. But I’m putting a mig 3 together now, so I’m gonna go fast! The storch flies really well. It’s floaty and even when it’s a hard landing it seems to want to go lightly.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Lol, now I’m gonna try to fly the TT hard. I think you’re right about the slow flying. The park I’m at is pretty popular so I don’t want to get to out of control while I learn. But I’m putting a mig 3 together now, so I’m gonna go fast! The storch flies really well. It’s floaty and even when it’s a hard landing it seems to want to go lightly.
I haven't built the Mig 3 yet, I was going to but did the P-40 instead. I have seen its a pretty tough plane as well. Are you going to do a build thread on it?

K3V0

Elite member
I haven't built the Mig 3 yet, I was going to but did the P-40 instead. I have seen its a pretty tough plane as well. Are you going to do a build thread on it?
So. Many. Planes! I want to build them all! The P-40 looks solid and fun to fly! I’ll definitely do a build thread on the Mig 3, maybe it’ll be called “Foam your Eyes only” or “ Foam Russia with Love” 😉

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
So. Many. Planes! I want to build them all! The P-40 looks solid and fun to fly! I’ll definitely do a build thread on the Mig 3, maybe it’ll be called “Foam your Eyes only” or “ Foam Russia with Love” 😉
Those both are awesome names for the thread. When are you planning on building the Mig?
Starting a Simple Scout speed build kit in a couple of days. Are there a y 3D printed parts worth using?

Was thinking a powerpod/firewall and landing gear?
The great thing about the Scout is that it's a blank canvas to play with, so many mods you can do to it. If you have perused though this thread you can see what I did to mine. @Marty72 built his stock and both fly great. There are plenty of 3D printed things to play with for landing gear to firewalls to engine heads and stacks. The firewall would be a good one, the landing gear I have seen are kinda chunky looking but effective. On thingyverse you will see a bunch of stuff to get creative with.

Feel free to use this thread to document and share your build, others have and its cool to share the experience with you. Keep in touch

K3V0

Elite member
Looks great, you have some nice flying space. Did you get any video?
Thanks! This morning was kind of a fluke. The weather turned out right and I was going to be there for the day anyways! I did grab a few moments with my phone but I haven’t created a YouTube acct yet so no videos, yet. I was able to fix some rudder issues last night and try it out again. I’m thinking the longer wings are really keeping the rudder from doing any strong movements. It just lazily turns unless I give it some elevator. I’m interested in the aleron mods that were mentioned earlier, too. My landings are not so disastrous anymore and nailed a couple of three points today. 🥳
I’ve begun work on the mig so I guess that thread will go up soon, comrades!

moret

But I’m putting a mig 3 together

Double wall the fuselage under the power pod and ahead of the wings on the mig3 I would also add jumbo craft sticks on each side. I think that is a weak area. I would do that on all the planes I build really if possible
I really like the battery loading on the mig3. Made the mustang the same way

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Does the servo go in cockpit and over the top or in the wing and under?
This is my Mini Scout here, man Its been awhile since I have flown this:
20191103_184154.jpg

I had the tail servos in the cockpit, that's why the pushrods are on top, great little plane if you ask me...
20191103_184205.jpg

Underneath the wing, anywhere from the crease in the wing to directly below the cockpit, there is lots of space for the 5g aileron servo. Poke the pushrods through the fuse to the control horns. The aileron control surfaces don't need to be big either, hinge line at an inch from the training edge should be all you need, root to tip.
20191103_184237.jpg

give it a shot, got nothing to lose

K3V0

Elite member
Double wall the fuselage under the power pod and ahead of the wings on the mig3 I would also add jumbo craft sticks on each side. I think that is a weak area. I would do that on all the planes I build really if possible
I really like the battery loading on the mig3. Made the mustang the same way
Thanks for that heads up! I have noticed a lot of the reinforcements that people are creating. I’ll definitely try those out!

Battleaxe, nice mini! I like the red turtle deck and the top mounted servos. I’ll give the alerons a go soon too.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Here’s where I had to mount my 9 gram servos to get it to balance with a 1500 mah 2s...😂

Attachments

• 55F630C6-4DBB-4B4D-81B5-79B7F5AC96B0.jpeg
    55F630C6-4DBB-4B4D-81B5-79B7F5AC96B0.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • E3A9A90E-5FDE-4A66-AC1C-BC4351DC6ECE.jpeg
    E3A9A90E-5FDE-4A66-AC1C-BC4351DC6ECE.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0