Life of the Simple Scout...

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Thats just the nature of the hobby. Learn as you go. That mod i use on most of my planes now. The most recent Scout i posted has the refined system. The thing i like about it is you remove a cople of rubber bands, wheels come off, floats go on. Now its a water Scout. Its a snow Scout. Its adaptable.

bwarz

Master member
You can always close up the slot just cut the piece out of scrap FB and glue it in :).
lol duh, I guess the coffee hadn't made it to my brain yet:rolleyes: Last night I thought I'd be smart and cut the servo wire access hole in one wing before folding. I folded it up and the hole was in the top of the wing:poop::poop::poop: patched it with a small piece of fb and packing tape. once paint is on it nobody will know (except now everyone on the internet...):ROFLMAO:

mayan

Legendary member
lol duh, I guess the coffee hadn't made it to my brain yet:rolleyes: Last night I thought I'd be smart and cut the servo wire access hole in one wing before folding. I folded it up and the hole was in the top of the wing:poop::poop::poop: patched it with a small piece of fb and packing tape. once paint is on it nobody will know (except now everyone on the internet...):ROFLMAO:
Lol 😂🤣😂🤣😂

bwarz

Master member
15960851080232137800566033031734.jpg
Whatever happens tomorrow, we're going to have fun! The humidity is making the paint dry sssllloooowwww :mad:, and I found out that loctite doesn't like abs plastic (glad it was on the bench and not in the air! ) Servos in everything (including the big one) but still working on the power. Big one ain't getting paint tonight, I need to work on the battery area. Gotta get to bed soon tho, Edgewater is 2 1/2 hours of driving.

PoorManRC

Master member
@bwarz AWESOME looking Scouts!! 👏👏👏👏👌
I hope the weather cooperates. I DON'T miss Humidity!! 😖

I've got to eventually get my 3rd one going. Never one to leave anything alone, I'm going to try a 3" Fuselage stretch, behind the Wing (and CG!), for a wider Coupling.

I like the way mine flies, I want to see if I can make a more steady, slow flyer out of one...

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Holy :poop: man 4 Scouts! You are nuts. I am in the middle of the Seaduck build, and in butchering that i only cut out enough pieces to sustain some building and change back and forth from cutting to building as needed.

All different sizes too...?
Do you have a thread for the SeaDuck? I might join. I was thinking about making that my next build if I can get it printed. I'm still waiting on parts for my needle cutter, but I really want another twin-engined plane - the P-38 flew so well...

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
View attachment 175866 Whatever happens tomorrow, we're going to have fun! The humidity is making the paint dry sssllloooowwww :mad:, and I found out that loctite doesn't like abs plastic (glad it was on the bench and not in the air! ) Servos in everything (including the big one) but still working on the power. Big one ain't getting paint tonight, I need to work on the battery area. Gotta get to bed soon tho, Edgewater is 2 1/2 hours of driving.
Have a fun time at edgewater - it's an awesome place! I can't wait to go back...

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
View attachment 175866 Whatever happens tomorrow, we're going to have fun! The humidity is making the paint dry sssllloooowwww :mad:, and I found out that loctite doesn't like abs plastic (glad it was on the bench and not in the air! ) Servos in everything (including the big one) but still working on the power. Big one ain't getting paint tonight, I need to work on the battery area. Gotta get to bed soon tho, Edgewater is 2 1/2 hours of driving.
Bro those look crazy amazing. Your kids will be walking tall onto Edgewater with those hot rods in hand (y)(y)

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Do you have a thread for the SeaDuck? I might join. I was thinking about making that my next build if I can get it printed. I'm still waiting on parts for my needle cutter, but I really want another twin-engined plane - the P-38 flew so well...
I do not have a thread for the Duck, just posted a couple pics on the anybody scratch building thread. This is just an experimental Duck anyway. Next one will be the thread worthy one. I wonder if there is an old Seaduck thread :unsure:

You should start one and do a complete "Just Ducky" thread for people to post their builds like I did with this Scout thread. I would definitely hop on it for sure. I know you probably have a handful of projects on the go at any given time so it might be awhile before you get to it ;):LOL:

I could start one if it came down to the interest factor, maybe if there is some momentum on it