Lifting a GoPro

saundw

I need help selecting a quad to lift a GoPro Hero 2. I plan on doing aerial video of houses for real estate advertisements. I am using DJI Naza for control. I am only interested in a quad right now. I would be interested in a Hex or Octo if I were going to be lifting a DSLR (which I'm not). Please do not direct me to any FPVManuals product as they are overpriced and not great quality.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I need help selecting a quad to lift a GoPro Hero 2. I plan on doing aerial video of houses for real estate advertisements. I am using DJI Naza for control. I am only interested in a quad right now. I would be interested in a Hex or Octo if I were going to be lifting a DSLR (which I'm not). Please do not direct me to any FPVManuals product as they are overpriced and not great quality.

I am hopefully eventually going to build a quad out of an aluminum frame, DT750 motors, 18Amp ESC's, and a KK V1 or V2. It should be a great combination, with around 8 minutes flight time on a 2200mAh 3S.

oagh

wow I have that on my desk, thats so wired ! your watching me ,lol
4cool.JPG

Last edited:

UndCon

UndCon
I recommend the 450 frame as it is strong and crash pretty resistant.
(I have 1 myself)
Not much space to mount your FPV and Gopro on but it can be done...

//UndCon

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
Will,

I use the RCTimer RM450 V2 (DJI clone but same quality) + GoPro + these landing legs & GoPro gimbal:
http://quadframe.com/collections/new/products/200mm-clearance-landing-legs

Very solid and great performance on 3S (10") and 4S (8").
I also have the RM550 V2 hex and the legs & gimbal fit perfectly on this one as well.

With your idea of use I suggest to go for the RM550 hex with a 4S 3300/4500 mah setup with 8" Graupner E-Props.
With the Naza GPS add on you can't go more steady then that for such money.
Good luck !

Mark.

dezertdog

Please do not direct me to any FPVManuals product as they are overpriced and not great quality.

Not my experience, Tim makes great designs. He is though a one man operation from what I've gathered, not everyone can discount like hobbyking.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Not my experience, Tim makes great designs. He is though a one man operation from what I've gathered, not everyone can discount like hobbyking.

Yet some people prefer spending $15 on a home-built frame, rather than $100 for a FPVM kit.

I spent $3 on aluminum tubes, $2 on screws, $5 on the yaw pivot, and the rest I had laying around at home.

dezertdog

Yet some people prefer spending $15 on a home-built frame, rather than $100 for a FPVM kit.

I spent $3 on aluminum tubes, $2 on screws, $5 on the yaw pivot, and the rest I had laying around at home.

Totally understandable, I've got my share of home built cheap solutions. For me with my tricopter kit, I like the precision, fit and look of the laser cut parts. It's very clean and not something I can't easily/quickly reproduce on a budget. The attention to detail in the kit is worth the money in my opinion in the time saved not having to reinvent the wheel. He's done his homework and it shows.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
But then your copter doesn't have that unique homemade feel to it :) It's just another FPVM kit...

saundw

Will,

I use the RCTimer RM450 V2 (DJI clone but same quality) + GoPro + these landing legs & GoPro gimbal:
http://quadframe.com/collections/new/products/200mm-clearance-landing-legs

Very solid and great performance on 3S (10") and 4S (8").

I also have the RM550 V2 hex and the legs & gimbal fit perfectly on this one as well.

With your idea of use I suggest to go for the RM550 hex with a 4S 3300/4500 mah setup with 8" Graupner E-Props.
With the Naza GPS add on you can't go more steady then that for such money.
Good luck !

Mark.

I am going with the DJI Flame 450, with this landing gear, GoPro and a GoPro gimbal from the same website. Will the 450 be able to carry this weight?

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
I am going with the DJI Flame 450, with this landing gear, GoPro and a GoPro gimbal from the same website. Will the 450 be able to carry this weight?

Absolutely .. but then I recommend a 4s setup with 8"props.
The landing legs are perfect for a 2x 2200mah setup (on each side).
Or a 1x 4500mah slightly backwards in the middle to correct the CG diff from the GoPro.
oh, and order the optional 'acc plates' ..
Mark.

saundw

Excellent. I will be going with the 4500 mah 4s. What are the acc plates for? Battery mounting?