Help! Lipo battery soft case is squishy at the top, also small dents + a few more questions

My 1300mah 45C 3S TATTU lipo battery is a soft case battery and the top part of the battery where the wires are, is squishy like foam squishy. It is a bit firm but like pushing down on Walmart and Ross foam board squishy. Also the bottom part which is also soft case is also squishy. Is there something wrong with it?
I did accidentally plug my lipo battery in a servo centerer the wrong way and the balance plug smoked but I unplugged it quickly and the battery still works and charges safely. The cells are about 0.03V off. My charger is a B3 RC LiPo 2S-3S Battery Balancer Charger 7.4-11.1V RC Pro Compact Charger B3AC. Is my battery still safe to use?

Question 2: How do I drain the volts from a battery? My cheap charger can't do that should I just run it on a motor for a little bit?

And Question 3: How much of a deal is motor torque? I have a 27'' wingspan 18'' long plane that is powered by a 1300kv DYS brushless motor with a 7x3.5 prop, will that cause torque issues?

Thanks for your time!!!

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Ok, so I don't know much about the squishiness and stuff, but I think that it is just a little puffiness. I have also seen actual foam in the casings of batteries, so it could be that too. Also, to discharge a battery fully you have to plug it into a smoke stopper or something (that is just one method, there might be more), but just so you know, discharging a Lipo fully will damage and possibly kill it. I think that the safe zone is between 3.0 and 3.3 volts, but you should always try to keep your battery above that. Personally my batteries never pass below 3.7 volts per cell. So now for motor torque. The answer is that it depends. On some of my larger planes I have no thrust angle and they are fine, but on my smaller planes they won't fly right without thrust angle. I don't have any experience with your specific motor, so I would suggest trying it and seeing if it needs more or less thrust angle. One final thing now. When you are talking about the specifications of a motor, brand and kv is not enough. That just tells us who makes the motor and how fast it will spin depending on voltage. Usually motors have numbers that describe the size of the motor (like 2204 or 2212 for example). From what I have heard the numbers describe the stator size (I think). 2204 would mean a 22 mm wide stator and a 4 mm tall stator. Anyways, these measurements can help us find the right motor and possibly do some research to help you.

Ok, so I don't know much about the squishiness and stuff, but I think that it is just a little puffiness. I have also seen actual foam in the casings of batteries, so it could be that too. Also, to discharge a battery fully you have to plug it into a smoke stopper or something (that is just one method, there might be more), but just so you know, discharging a Lipo fully will damage and possibly kill it. I think that the safe zone is between 3.0 and 3.3 volts, but you should always try to keep your battery above that. Personally my batteries never pass below 3.7 volts per cell. So now for motor torque. The answer is that it depends. On some of my larger planes I have no thrust angle and they are fine, but on my smaller planes they won't fly right without thrust angle. I don't have any experience with your specific motor, so I would suggest trying it and seeing if it needs more or less thrust angle. One final thing now. When you are talking about the specifications of a motor, brand and kv is not enough. That just tells us who makes the motor and how fast it will spin depending on voltage. Usually motors have numbers that describe the size of the motor (like 2204 or 2212 for example). From what I have heard the numbers describe the stator size (I think). 2204 would mean a 22 mm wide stator and a 4 mm tall stator. Anyways, these measurements can help us find the right motor and possibly do some research to help you.

Thank you!!! Do you think the battery is still safe to use?

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Thank you!!! Do you think the battery is still safe to use?
It should be safe as long as you treat it right. Of course I don’t know what kind of use the battery has had, so I cannot be completely sure. I think that it would be better to wait for a more experienced person to come along and give you their opinion.

It should be safe as long as you treat it right. Of course I don’t know what kind of use the battery has had, so I cannot be completely sure. I think that it would be better to wait for a more experienced person to come along and give you their opinion.
Oh ok. Also the number on my motor are 2830 which I think mean is it 28mm long and 30mm tall?

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Oh ok. Also the number on my motor are 2830 which I think mean is it 28mm long and 30mm tall?
The numbers mean that the stator is that big. The stator is the non moving part inside the motor with the windings and stuff. The actual motor dimensions could be a bit larger.

Bricks

Master member
The numbers mean that the stator is that big. The stator is the non moving part inside the motor with the windings and stuff. The actual motor dimensions could be a bit larger.

This is the way it should be but not always many of the Hobby King motors use the out side dimensions ie 2830 would be 28 outside diameter where most are 28 armature or inside, so many time`s the HK motor will be smaller.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
This is the way it should be but not always many of the Hobby King motors use the out side dimensions ie 2830 would be 28 outside diameter where most are 28 armature or inside, so many time`s the HK motor will be smaller.
I did want to add that, but I didn't want to confuse the op and I wasn't sure how to explain it, so thanks!

Bricks

Master member
I did want to add that, but I didn't want to confuse the op and I wasn't sure how to explain it, so thanks!

Yea lets have the motor manufactures .......STANDARDIZE...... STANDARDIZE ......STANDARDIZE, life would be so much easier.