Lipo Fire

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Is that an air rifle? I made one myself using $15 of hardware store stuff... But I think my rifle (I used a M6x30 iron bolt as a projectile) would have knocked that battery off where it was standing. I shot a hole in thin aluminum roof sheeting, 4mm plywood, through several cardboard boxes, and at brick walls.

Cool LiPo fire, next time save the connectors!

Here's the "bullet" lodged in the 4mm plywood sheet. This shot didn't go through, but a few others did.

IMG_0552.jpg

Brandon28

Is that an air rifle? I made one myself using $15 of hardware store stuff... But I think my rifle (I used a M6x30 iron bolt as a projectile) would have knocked that battery off where it was standing. I shot a hole in thin aluminum roof sheeting, 4mm plywood, through several cardboard boxes, and at brick walls.

Cool LiPo fire, next time save the connectors!

Here's the "bullet" lodged in the 4mm plywood sheet. This shot didn't go through, but a few others did.

IMG_0552.jpg

Yea the air rifle i was using shoots little bb's or pellets. Lol there a much smaller caliber than the iron bolts that you used. I'm sure one good shot with your air rifle would send this battery into flames immediately.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Yea the air rifle i was using shoots little bb's or pellets. Lol there a much smaller caliber than the iron bolts that you used. I'm sure one good shot with your air rifle would send this battery into flames immediately.

Maybe. I think my projectile would rather put a big dent in it, as it has a wide head, not a pointy one. But a real pointy bullet would probably go through.