Lisa/S flight controller 2.8 grams, 20x20 mm (Open source SW and HW)

Johan

Nice vid of the PC Board design process of the world smallest Autonomous flight controller. :
2.8 grams.
Oh this includes a uBlox SMD GPS!
The telemetry module (10x10mm, 0.8 grams) is optional :)

Learned about his development on the "Drone day" held in the Netherlands last tuesday.

http://1bitsquared.com/products/lisa-s

BTW, it is sold out

lonewolf7717

is envious the Netherlands even have something called a "Drone Day". Flying a "drone" here in the states is on par with punching a baby in the face or getting caught looking up your hot teachers dress. Hell here in Texas we have private property owners shooting them out of the sky.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
is envious the Netherlands even have something called a "Drone Day". Flying a "drone" here in the states is on par with punching a baby in the face or getting caught looking up your hot teachers dress. Hell here in Texas we have private property owners shooting them out of the sky.

Yea the Yankee influx of foreign ideas or should I say infiltration into the Texas State Government and populace has just about ruined anything we had going for us except "miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles" (Red Skelton said this once upon an occasion).

Thurmond

Johan

"miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles"

Poetic and appealing, especially for me as a probably non typical Dutch guy (OK, that is a guess).
Over here 'civilization' (read buildings / infrastructure/ cultivation), is never more that a few hundred yards away whatever the direction.

In our entire country (which is very small compared to many others) all is organized / cultivated / planned, No surprises whatsoever...

The one time I was in the USA (Denver, 4 day conference for work), I was amazed by the rapid transition of the town into (for me as a Dutch guy) 'wilderness' (all is relative) .

I Loved it, over here everything is flat and boring (If you've seen it all your life) and so organized....

Tritium: sorry to hear you see this is disappearing in your surroundings as well.
What I notice here is that along our few highways and with the limited space between cities, space starts to clutter with ugly business parks, melting all cities together

Even now the economy does not ask for expansion (business wise), project developers do not stop to build on and claim precious space for more new and ugly business parks (that no-one actually uses).

Apart from the building there's extra space claimed for billboards advertising these new 'heavens of business'.

Oops, Sorry for the rant, but glad to get it off my chest:)

Last edited:

Johan

Well, this event was organized by the royal institute of engineers (free translation) and some participants of the conference had a military perspective and some civilian.

Recently the legislation over here changed, so instead of a law from (wild guess) 1953, now new legislation is introduced.
This gives more freedom to everyone NOT using aerial vehicles for commercial/professional purposes (like people in the hobby).
Strangely enough it now limits possibilities for those using UAV's / RC AV's with camera's professionally.
Some fire departments suddenly are unable to use these devices for their profession legally, a strange and IMHO unwanted situation.

There was also a debate about the 'Drone' term, or alternative names. I've heard so many 3 or 4 letter acronyms, I cannot recall them all :)

Overall, for the term 'Drone' most people seemed to agreed that it had too much 'negative association' , so other terms were used abundantly.