List of 70 FREE Flite Test Plans from 2012-2020

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
This list should be complete and in chronological order of release. Plenty of choices here from beginner, to intermediate, and advanced. Thank you Flite Test for this tremendous resource for both new and existing RC model aviation enthusiasts.
  1. Nutball/Snowball
  2. Flyer
  3. Delta
  4. Baby Blender
  5. Bloody Wonder
  6. Fowl Flyer*
  7. Old Fogey
  8. FT-3D
  9. Cruiser
  10. Spitfire
  11. Versa Wing
  12. Racer
  13. Duster
  14. Simple Soarer
  15. Old Speedster
  16. F-22
  17. Viggen
  18. Mustang
  19. Kraken
  20. Boxcar*
  21. Simple Storch
  22. Mini Scout
  23. Mini Speedster
  24. Mini Cruiser
  25. Mini Guinea
  26. Guinea Pig
  27. Tiny Trainer
  28. Pun Jet
  29. Bloody Baron**
  30. Bushwacker
  31. Explorer
  32. Bronco
  33. Sportster
  34. Mini Sportster
  35. Mini Corsair
  36. Mini Mustang
  37. Mini Arrow
  38. Mini Sparrow
  39. Mini Vector
  40. Mini F-22
  41. Otter
  42. Sea Duck
  43. Super Bee
  44. Spear
  45. Mini DR1
  46. Mini SE5
  47. Alpha
  48. Bravo
  49. Charlie
  50. Mini Pietenpol
  51. MiG-3**
  52. Simple Cub
  53. X-29
  54. Simple Scout
  55. Dart
  56. Twin Sparrow
  57. Legacy
  58. Edge
  59. Goblin
  60. LongEZ
  61. Sea Angel
  62. (EZ) Wonder Glider
  63. A-10
  64. P-40
  65. Corsair***
  66. Commuter**
  67. P-47***
  68. P-38***
  69. Spitfire***
  70. Mustang***
* Never released as kit
** Community series
*** Master Series design by John Overstreet

This is a post that I shared on the Flite Test Fans Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/FlitetestFans) back in January. I realize that some of the folks here on the forums do not use Facebook or may not be a member of that group, so I wanted to share it here as well.

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Agreed. Much obliged as well. I just love building and flying foamboard airplanes...and Sponz and FT have been a huge part of that.

luvmy40

Elite member
Are there plans available, free or for sale for the Mini Corsair Master Style? That was one of my first SBKs and I'd like do another(the first one didn't survive long!)

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Are there plans available, free or for sale for the Mini Corsair Master Style? That was one of my first SBKs and I'd like do another(the first one didn't survive long!)
No free plans for the Master Series Mini Corsair. Sorry. Generally speaking, the only Flite Test plans that have been released for free are on this list.

NailzTim

does anyone have working plans for the Boxcar (cabbie)? I have been trying to find some, but the only ones I found so far have did not work.

Foamforce

It would be super nice to have a list like this that included a brief description of what each plane was all about or a tagging system like “trainer”, “acrobatic”, “indoor”, etc. But beyond the simple tags, a “what makes this plane special” statement to help differentiate many similar looking planes. For my Storch I would say, “Big flyer, easy to see in the air, flies slowly, doesn’t get knocked around in the wind much. Very sturdy landing gear is good for hard landings. Modelled after a WW2 German STOL utility plane.” I started this awesome trip a couple months ago and I basically picked my first few planes by appearance (hence the Delta :ROFLMAO:). I had no idea the Storch was even one of the larger planes or I probably wouldn’t have started with it.

PS, thank you for making this list! I refer back to this list fairly often and I’m familiar with most of the planes now. It was fun going through the list and familiarizing myself with the ones I hadn’t seen before. Now my future builds list is about 12 planes long.