LitterBug's DIY 3D printed Gremlin - OctoUFO

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Video! Cuz it FLIES!

My buddy edited a couple clips together from the OctoPrinted UFO tonight. He slowed it down and the sound stretch really makes it sound alien.

I have corrected the yaw spin issue caused by my mis-configuration. Should be good to go for the indoor fly DEC 2.

CHEERS!
LitterBug

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
SWEET!!! Now.. Whatcha got planned so you can keep orientation on a round one color unit like that? Or is it spacey enough that using the force will be good for LOS?

Awesome job getting this done and flying so quickly mate :applause:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I may just have to scale this up now that I have 50% more print bed to work with....
scaleitup.jpg

Previous bed was 200x200. For an octocopter, the largest prop I could get to work in this configuration was 1.9". With a 300x300 bed, should be able to do 3" props, but may have to trim them. This gives me more options for better thrust.

Cheers!
LitterBug

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Finally got the video uploaded from this past winter's indoor fly. Only had 2S batteries so it was barely flyable.

Scale this up to 3" with some decent motors and props should be fun....

Cheers!
LitterBug

LitterBug

Techno Nut
May be time to revisit the enlargement.... May try some 8 bladed props..... Octo on the octo.... Would sound like 8 EDFs.

Nurk ran these on a cinewhoop and they sounded really cool!. Will have to try them on my owl frame(s) too. Have some ducts to test on those also....

1615738380247.png

Last edited: