LitterBug's dRonin / iNav / Aura5 / ArduPilot / *Flight FC enabled Wingy Thingys

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Matek has given us a patch with reworked UART code to test. So far, testing looks promising. The telemetry calculation is still a mess though.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Matek HAS provided us with a patch (V2.5.0) for their CRSF-PWM boards and we have had no more issues while we tested it. Make sure if you pick up any of those boards you update to at least that version.

On another note, I have also added bluetooth to my TX16S so that I can forward telemetry wirelessly to a tablet/PC. Have also been playing with a telemetry viewer on a tablet. https://github.com/RomanLut/android-taranis-smartport-telemetry So telemetry data from the plane goes back over the radio link to the transmitter. It is then forwarded via bluetooth to the telemetry viewer on the tablet.

Screenshot_2024-01-06-19-52-49-877.jpeg

FYI Matek Just dropped patch 2.6.0 which fixes some of the current monitoring issues.

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Latest project: Olde Surfer 2000 which I've flown exclusively LOS up till now with a non-leveling AS3X receiver.
snm2400.jpg

Bird: Surfer 2000 (sold by RMRC without the Sky Surfer stickers )
Controller: Matek F765-Wing (owned forever, discontinued for eons, but never put it in anything.... till now)
Firmware: Ardupilot Plane 4.4.4
RX: Matek RP1 ELRS
GPS: FT EZID
ESC: STOCK
Motor: STOCK
Servos: STOCK
Prop: Stock.... Needs replaced (8x#)

To use the FT EZID as a GPS with Ardupilot, configure the Serial port to 115200 baud, MSP and GPS as MSP.

IMG_20240326_190018033.jpg

Cheers!
LitterBug

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Well....

Nuts

IMG_20240328_151736812.jpg

Flew great in manual mode. Switched to stabilized too close to the ground to recover, and this happened

IMG_20240328_152351286.jpg

LitterBug

Techno Nut
That must have been exciting 😲, brother Bug.
Put that puzzle back together again.
You know you can do it! (y)
This bird puzzle is toast. I retrieved all the servos and electronics to throw at other stuff down the road. I may revive a Strix Stratosufer that I replaced and retired a while ago after it nosed in. It has a very good chance to fly again. The power pod has the most damage.

Drop in and go options would be a surfer 1500 or the plane this FC was originally bought for, a RMRC Skyhunter.

LB