• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Little Harry Potter/ Quidditch in the gym anyone?

Madspadder

Just printed plans for a 50% Harry potter based on Avtims Firebolt. You can get the plans here: https://avtims.com/avtims-firebolt/ The plans are on 8 pdfs which when reduced to 50% each page will print on 2 letter size sheets of paper. The plans are meant for foamboard and built using Flite Test techniques, so there will be some changes from the plans to downsize Little Harry. I plan to use as much 2 mil foam as possible and use 6 mil where needed. Not sure how it will work but should be a fun project. Hopefully I will get it finished soon, but with Christmas around the corner plus working on a couple more Buzzard Model kits may be after the holidays.

Attachments

Madspadder

Started building. Pretty simple build so far. I am adding 6mil to the legs and broom. I laminated 2 mil for the wing and glued some tissue paper for a cape effect when flying. I don’t think this will effect flight significantly, but thought it would add to the look.

Attachments

Madspadder

If at first you don't succeed fly, fly again !! Here is Harry's first attempts. Real tail heavy but getting close. If the weather is nice I should have him flying pretty good tomorrow.

Is that the new Nimbus 2001?

Sorry someone had to say it haha. On a more serious note to get that thing flying better, perhaps it's not actually tail heavy... Maybe someone is jinxing the broomstick! Lol really cool project I hope you get all worked out, but you have already achieved flight with it and that alone is awesome!

Madspadder

It could use a little more power but limited to a 6" prop. I am going to make a slightly larger version so I will have more power choices. Pretty sure that I will get it eventually. Working on some larger things for a possible trip to Flite Fest 2020 so put it on the back burner for now.