Live From Hodges Field, HHAEFI 2011!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Hello everyone. I'll try to keep things updated here as well as I can. I'm here at Hodges Hobbies, located between Andersonville and Americus GA. I'm a few days early for an annual event called Hodges Hobbies All Electric Fly In, or HHAEFI for short. I travelled up from my home in Santa Rosa Beach FL, stopping in DeFuniak Springs to pick up my brother, the "Chipmunk". All in all about a 5 hour driving time. We arrived to a somewhat soggy scene. This was not going to stop these guys from getting several flights in anyhow. There were flying wings, some "secret weapon" combat planes, and even Snoopy had taken to the air.

Of course, many of the guys we have come to know as friends were there. They are always much happier to see my brother, than me. I try not to read too much into that. :D

We were able to get our tent set up, underneath an "EZ-UP" style canopy, air mattresses inflated, and night lighting situated. We joined a few of the guys for a dinner at Zaxby's, and the Chipmunk inhaled the chicken sandwich, even while anticipating a scramble dog from Munroes the next day.

A few hours of BS under a camper's awning, solving the worlds problems, and relishing in the stories of RC justice, was a perfect way to end the night. The Chipmunk and I went to our respective air mattresses and called it a night.

Flying, Rain or Shine

300582_2362886345369_1046641667_2667169_552092209_n.jpg 314507_2363043869307_1046641667_2667259_386592778_n.jpg 310132_2363143391795_1046641667_2667325_978564547_n.jpg

Last edited:

Manta1

It was great to see Eddie!! I've been here since monday night.Was here on friday to drop off my camper. It has been miserable wet so far but we are paying our wet dues so this weekend should be great. Supper was good at Zaxbys and I am looking forward to a slaw dawg at Monroes today for lunch.

Manta1

Ok yea,so the camping spaces are too close when a Monkey slings pneumatic poo,and i can hear it in my camper and hes in his tent.....I'm just sayin.
Beano be for and they'll bee no gas after.:)

Pecanpatch

Ok yea,so the camping spaces are too close when a Monkey slings pneumatic poo,and i can hear it in my camper and hes in his tent.....I'm just sayin.
Beano be for and they'll bee no gas after.:)

Whoa, there is a visual I didnt really need :black_eyed:

Another one of my guys just backed out..... Damn.
Does anyone want to try Golf cart flying? otherwise I may just leave the dang thing at home.:confused:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Thanks Chad.

We haven't even started the event yet. Tomorrow is the beginning of HHAEFI. I'll be shooting more with my better camera for that. Unfortunately I don't have the internet access needed to load that. So, the higher quality stuff will not be posted until I get back home.

Manta1

Yea the links aren't working Monkey. At least for my IPhone they aren't. I will try again with the laptop when I get it out of the camper. It is still hooked to my truck from when I came home last night .

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I know Matt. I moved everything over to the other thread. The after HHAEFI report. I'll post a link later.

Status
Not open for further replies.