Help! Lizard95 Arming issues

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Hi I have been having issues with getting my lizard95 in the air. Here’s just a little background to the situation. I’m using spektrum and have followed the instructions in this video and now it arms. The only issue is that when I arm it it takes off. And I think it drifts a bit to the left as well but it’s hard to tell because it’s only in the air for maybe half a second before I have to disarm. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my first “true” drone, I have been into airplanes for some years now and wanted to get a taste of the world of spinning death blades

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
You want to set up your transmitter servo travel so that Betaflight sees 1000-2000ms on the sticks and use subtrim to center at 1500. You want all of these as close as possible, the guy in the video you posted wasn't even close. Once you have that sorted, you can set your Stick low threshold to 1005 and max to 2000 to get full resolution.

To prevent it taking off as soon as you arm, you probably need to adjust your minimum throttle or motor idle throttle value (depending on which ESC protocol you're using).

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Thanks for your help I’m at work on break at the moment so I can’t do anything now but I’ll try that tonight or tomorrow morning.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Okay so I did what you said and it flew! Now I have a slight issue with motor temperatures, I fly for about 30 seconds too a minute (I’m a newb to acro lol) disarm on “landing” and the motors are stupid hot. The first time I touched it I thought I’d just grabbed the tip of a hot glue gun. I’m assuming that this isn’t normal at all and what could I do to fix it?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I would say its either too agressive props for the motors or it needs tuning. Skitzo did a great how to tune video that made the magic click for me. Might be worth a look.
I would link it but I am new to cellphone use and cant seem to multi task so good yet.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Thanks, I need to rewatch everyone’s tuning videos anyways. Ya know since I have a quad now. The quad comes with some 5 bladed props so that might be the issue.

Also with links it took me a while to figure that out but what I do is just paste the url into both the url spit and the text spot.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Well I hope banggoods support is good, esc went crazy mid flight and now I have a quad that doesn’t work and it isn’t because I crashed it lol.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
As an after thought.... are you flying 2s or 3s batteries? I am fairly sure they dump these on the market with cookie cutter specs that are ok for 2s but not so much 3s with out proper tuning.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
At the time of flying it I was using the stock 3s from the box. I have even seen some crazy people running this on 4s. I can barely handle three, although acro was getting a lot easier.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Is the quad dead in the water at this point? Or have you been able to get back in the air again?

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
It’s still dead in the water atm. I have contacted bg and they have asked for video proof. I sent that and haven’t heard anything since.

Planiac01

Okay so I did what you said and it flew! Now I have a slight issue with motor temperatures, I fly for about 30 seconds too a minute (I’m a newb to acro lol) disarm on “landing” and the motors are stupid hot. The first time I touched it I thought I’d just grabbed the tip of a hot glue gun. I’m assuming that this isn’t normal at all and what could I do to fix it?
I made a 3d printed quad a while back, and at first my props were too big for the thing and overheated. I got bigger motors that were cool to the touch after landing later, but two esc's caught fire, so I'll be getting more soon.