Local RC plane builder (aka @mach1 rc)

Randomkid87

Local RC plane builder and flyer

Today is not my normal type of blog, I normally try to keep it photography related. But today, it’s about a young man and his love for RC planes.
His name, Jeremy Wanner, age 15. I have known Jeremy since as long as I can remember ( not very long seeing im only 18.) I remember the first time i seen him fly one of his planes…. all was going well until for some reason instead of going left he went right and flew his plane directly into a tree. And it took like 30 minutes before we finally got it out!
Jeremy told me that one of his cousins introduced him to the world of RC planes and I am proud that he stuck with the hobby and found something he loves doing! He said he hopes one day to start selling them and when he does you will not be disappointed if you buy one of his planes because he has a passion for building them and has had alot of experience in building them. Because most youngsters love stuff that goes fast, it comes as no surprise that Jeremy would LOVE to see RC go super sonic fastt!! I personally hope that day never comes because that is a 5 foot long plane breaking the sound barrier in some idiots hand!
I would love to see the ” Hobby ” of planes really take off in the industries.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Local RC plane builder and flyer

Today is not my normal type of blog, I normally try to keep it photography related. But today, it’s about a young man and his love for RC planes.
His name, Jeremy Wanner, age 15. I have known Jeremy since as long as I can remember ( not very long seeing im only 18.) I remember the first time i seen him fly one of his planes…. all was going well until for some reason instead of going left he went right and flew his plane directly into a tree. And it took like 30 minutes before we finally got it out!
Jeremy told me that one of his cousins introduced him to the world of RC planes and I am proud that he stuck with the hobby and found something he loves doing! He said he hopes one day to start selling them and when he does you will not be disappointed if you buy one of his planes because he has a passion for building them and has had alot of experience in building them. Because most youngsters love stuff that goes fast, it comes as no surprise that Jeremy would LOVE to see RC go super sonic fastt!! I personally hope that day never comes because that is a 5 foot long plane breaking the sound barrier in some idiots hand!
I would love to see the ” Hobby ” of planes really take off in the industries.
That's a nice shout out for a friend. Check out bracesport's slope soaring thread. I linked a video of an RC airplane going over 500 mph. That's plenty fast enough!

Vimana89

Legendary member
A hobbyist's RC plane going hundreds of miles per hour is one thing, but supersonic would be a whole nother ball game. It's not something to take to a model club or fly at the park, or bind to your FS-I6A...however;I don't see why there is not more interest in places like the military(there probably is but why would they say so) for supersonic UAV's. With a good UAV program and all the right algorithms this can be an effective recon plane, or even for coast guard/search and rescue type stuff to assess a situation rapidly. It's a great idea for those sorts of purposes. Sweet idea though(y)

mach1 rc

Master member
A hobbyist's RC plane going hundreds of miles per hour is one thing, but supersonic would be a whole nother ball game. It's not something to take to a model club or fly at the park, or bind to your FS-I6A...however;I don't see why there is not more interest in places like the military(there probably is but why would they say so) for supersonic UAV's. With a good UAV program and all the right algorithms this can be an effective recon plane, or even for coast guard/search and rescue type stuff to assess a situation rapidly. It's a great idea for those sorts of purposes. Sweet idea though(y)
Isn't the x-43a scramjet remote controlled? I was just saying super sonic would be something cool to have in the future.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Isn't the x-43a scramjet remote controlled? I was just saying super sonic would be something cool to have in the future.
I think that it is remotely controlled, but even if it doesn’t have control surfaces, they wouldn’t be effective enough for maneuvering. They would just have to make the wings longer to fix it though.

quorneng

Master member
You cant really go supersonic with a prop so you are into jets or more likely rocket propulsion. Efficiency is very low at supersonic speeds so it requires huge amounts of power (about 10 times) to achieve and governments think slow RC drones are a problem.;)