LocalFiend - Plans Index

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
Micro FT Flyer, and thank you first!
Did you use flat wing or use dihededral and how much?

Sorry, I missed this somehow. It's a dihedral wing, don't know the angle. The wing gets folded over the fuselage to set the angle same as the big one. Watch the FT Flyer build video and you'll see what I mean.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Made one!

Works great too! A really small FT Flyer that flys great - very nimble! The only thing I need to figure out is how to get the prop saver to actually save my props on this one. I've broken a prop on landing almost every single flight. I added a "landing wire" that will hopefully protect the front end a little bit more, and I'm going to try opening up the prop shafts a little more too so they are a little looser on the prop saver.

IMAG2427.jpg

One thing I did a little differently was to use a rubber band to hold the wings on instead of just the bamboo skewers through the nose. Figured a little bit of flex in that area is good for those high angle high velocity landings. :)

IMAG2428.jpg

Thanks for a fun set of plans!

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
Works great too! A really small FT Flyer that flys great - very nimble! The only thing I need to figure out is how to get the prop saver to actually save my props on this one. I've broken a prop on landing almost every single flight. I added a "landing wire" that will hopefully protect the front end a little bit more, and I'm going to try opening up the prop shafts a little more too so they are a little looser on the prop saver.

View attachment 68614

Glad you're having fun with it. I don't think I've broken a prop on any of my micro designs yet. But the props on mine do fit pretty loose on the shaft, and most have landing gear.

you should do a mini Bronco ;)

I have thought about doing a twin. A bronco would be cool, so would my PBY shrunk way down. With micro motors I could probably get the wingspan down to 30 inches.

FeWolf

I love mini and micro planes, give me more room to build more planes while saving on cost of building.
If you need plans of Drawings I have lots of them for Bronco. I am working on flying Pancake now, use my Duet motors a7372555-212-IMG_20141213_213634_145.jpg

Last edited:

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
Micro PBY? I'd be super interested in that! :D

I was thinking the hobbyking 3mm foam would be a good fit, but DTF would work as well. I think at that size, it would fly indoors quite well, which would be pretty hilarious. Should be able to handle water as well. However, that will have to come about after FliteFest. Too much to get done before then.

I love mini and micro planes, give me more room to build more planes while saving on cost of building.
If you need plans of Drawings I have lots of them for Bronco. I am working on flying Pancake now, use my Duet motors View attachment 68714

Hah. That thing looks cool. I may do something like the bronco as well. I'm kind of waiting until I can find a good rotating motor mount so I can play with VTOL stuff.

jordy123

micro pby? YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

LitterBug

Techno Nut
@LocalFiend,
Do you have a Thingiverse account? I'm LitterBug over there too. Not much posted up yet on my channel.

Cheers!
LitterBug

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
@LocalFiend,
Do you have a Thingiverse account? I'm LitterBug over there too. Not much posted up yet on my channel.

Cheers!
LitterBug

I'm way behind on the internet....

I do not have an account. Should probably make one though and post my stuff up. Just been crazy busy.

Morgan

I built a micro flyer and it Flys great .It even huals a 600 mah 2s around without difficulty .

Last edited:

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
I built a micro flyer and it Flys great .It even huals a 600 mah 2s around without difficulty .

Hah, that must fly for forever lol.

LF,

Are the plans available for your 100" Giant PBY? I'd like to try building that one.

Thanks,

Photo

I will look. I think I cleaned them up a bit for someone else in the past. Keep in mind that there were some errors, and I had to cut some parts by hand at FF when I did this. Been too long for me to remember what the exact issues were, but they were small enough to be fixed in the build tent by hand fitting.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
It would be awesome to load these plans up in the resource area. I know I'd be interested in building one some day :D

Photo001

I will look. I think I cleaned them up a bit for someone else in the past. Keep in mind that there were some errors, and I had to cut some parts by hand at FF when I did this. Been too long for me to remember what the exact issues were, but they were small enough to be fixed in the build tent by hand fitting.

Have you had a chance to look for these plans yet? I'm ready to start another project and would love to build this 100" PBY.

Thanks,

Lane

rctestfly49

Under Construction:

Micro Sopwith Camel
Micro Spitfire
Hughes P21-J MkIII Devastator Swappable
Micro Russian Thunder
39" Messerschmitt Bf 109
42" Gloster Gladiator
Mighty Mini Bf 109
Hughes P21-J Mk III Devastator
Swappable Floats and Skis

Finished Builds:

Mighty Mini A6M Zero Swappable

Build Thread

Mighty Mini A6M Zero v1.1 Full

Mighty Mini A6M Zero 1.1 Tiled

AUW - TBD
25" Wingspan
Designed around Power Pack F

Motor: 2204 2300kv
ESC: 12 Amp
Prop: 5030-6045
Servos: 4 - 5 gram
Battery: 800mah 3s-4s

42" Mitsubishi A6M Zero Swappable

Build Thread

42" Mitsubishi A6M Zero Swappable Beta Plans v.2 - Full

42" Mitsubishi A6M Zero Swappable Beta Plans v.2 - Tiled

Scale DTF Floats for 42" Zero - Tiled

AUW - TBD
42" Wingspan
Designed around Power Pack C

Motor: 2215 1180kv
ESC: 30 Amp
Prop: 10x4.7 SF
Servos: 4 - 9 gram
Battery: 2200mah 3s

Micro FT Flyer

Tiled Plans

All Up Weight 70 grams
16" Wingspan
6.4g HD1610 3400kv Motor
5030 Gemfan Prop
6AMP Plush ESC
3g Servo x2
Full Size Receiver (Cover Removed)
Gift Card Firewall and Servo Horns
180-260mah 2s (Actually, the plane has a ton of power, it'l haul a 500mah 2s just fine and fly for a long time)

10 Minute Flight times with 260mah 2s

Micro F22

Tiled 8.5x11 Plans
Full Plans

Decal Plans Full
Decal Plans 18x24
Decal Plans 8.5x11 Tiled

Jumbled up Build Thread:

http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?21299-Micro-Indoor-Flyers-Re-Purposed-Designs

All Up Weight 70 grams
13" Wingspan
6.4g HD1610 3400kv Motor
5030 Gemfan Prop - 5" Maximum Prop Size
6AMP Plush ESC
1.7g Servo x2 - Dual Elevon Setup
Micro Receiver
Gift Card Firewall and Servo Horns
180-260mah 2s

6 Minute Flight Times with 260mah 2s

do you have the plans for the bf-109 because I can't open the file?