Lockheed L-133 Starjet, could been Americas first jet...

leaded50

Legendary member
Have you tried to do any designs based on future rather than past?

When looking around... in fact no :rolleyes:
BUT, my next build will be :D. It will be a "cross" with ideas from a future concept GEV/ WIG design, and a joined wing airplane. Ive researched and collected info on what "i want" in 6 mnth about it. Gonna use 1 or 2 pcs 30mm EDF´s in front to force air under main lower wing part. And dual prop for speed. Some flying boats/helicopters had a lower short side-"wings" to stabilize at water, and gonna build further on that. (that would say wing need get a "W style")

Last edited:

L Edge

Master member
When looking around... in fact no :rolleyes:
BUT, my next build will be :D. It will be a "cross" with ideas from a future concept GEV/ WIG design, and a joined wing airplane. Ive researched and collected info on what "i want" in 6 mnth about it. Gonna use 1 or 2 pcs 30mm EDF´s in front to force air under main lower wing part. And dual prop for speed. Some flying boats/helicopters had a lower short side-"wings" to stabilize at water, and gonna build further on that. (that would say wing need get a "W style")

How about Grumman's Switchblade?
Did WIG years ago, rotated front 60 EDF's downward to get it on step and used tx slider to rotate to trim pitch while flying.
Turns were controlled by differential thrust and flaperons.

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
How about Grumman's Switchblade?
Did WIG years ago, rotated front 60 EDF's downward to get it on step and used tx slider to rotate to trim pitch while flying.
Turns were controlled by differential thrust and flaperons.
The Grumman dont exite me. Im not gonna make a WIG, its gonna be another flying boat seaplane, but with some "tech" from WIG.
main look, something like this much, but enough wings to fly:

Attachments

• a050.jpg
    a050.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
still havent got the last EDF... and decided to wait with retracts (everything is prepared to just put the electric retracts at place, if wanted later)
Did glidetest today, and as believed, the plane does easy get to tailheavy, so need rework the batteryhatch a bit, to get it even more forward, or perhaps get heavier batterys :) Adjusted in weights correct it glided nicely though. The CG wasnt at point calculators told, but approx a inch more back.
Its big, or at least feels very big.. at approx. 1250mm long, and wingspan of approx.1200mm

DSC_0377.JPG
DSC_0376.JPG

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
to make it practical in transport, wings are detchable, thats reason they dont blend enough into the fuselage. It wasnt possible to do here with solution i choosed without even higher weight, but now wings are for shure steady when "inserted", and kept in place.

DSC_0374.JPG
DSC_0375.JPG

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
ahhh, "express delivery" of the last needed EDF.. Both now ready installed with thrust tubes, tight, but get where wanted.
Next is to mount ESC´s and start setup the reciver.

If wonder about the "effect" inside thrusttube, its because uses the colored plasticfilm who is used at "scene showlights".

DSC_0378.JPG
DSC_0380.JPG

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
it also seems i need use retracts... since main airintake is at belly, and it close to "suck to ground surface", or i need change something with that airintake....perhaps would a scoop cover help?.... Gonna do some testing. Thrust is great though, at 4S its close to 2000g.