Look What Slope project I just completed!

volcomsnows2k

I love to HUCK!
Hi ya fellow soaring and sloping fans! I too have a big area of my love in soaring. I have a bunch of 3 meter to larger scale gliders and just now I am realizing I want to enjoy this hobby more and are working on getting them back to flight ready. Look what I just finished! My dad gave me this a while back and it just sat until a couple of days ago. Just got an itch to set her up and she's ready to hit the slopes! What a oldie from my child hood days and I am looking forward to getting her in the air!

Regards,
Pete:D

IMG_8149_zps05ff5c0b.jpg

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Pete, I live in Florida, so the slope soaring scene here isn't too impressive... I was wondering, is anyone doing FPV slope soaring?

That large cockpit with the nice clear canopy is what got me thinking about it.

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
Nice, not much slope soaring in the KC area either. Looks nice, I would like to try slope soaring someday!

earthsciteach

Pete, I live in Florida, so the slope soaring scene here isn't too impressive...

You were full of claims of Floridian hills when I pointed out that biking in Florida was easy due to its extreme flatness.

Sorry for deviating from your topic, Pete. Couldn't let that slow pitch go by.

I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to slope soaring (swing away, FM). I understand the concept, but are there significant differences in design and setup of slope soarers vs a thermalling sailplane?

And why are RC sailplanes referred to as gliders? Does that bug anyone else?