Looking for 60+” Rc plane

jack10525

I’ve built many flight test planes along with the storch. I’m looking for something this size or slightly bigger. Would prefer high wing that is detachable for transport. Any suggestions?

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Well, the Sea Duck has a 56" wingspan, and is top wing; a great FT plane, flies like a trainer and is super solid. I've built my second one just recently (the first one, several of the glue joints finally gave up and came loose after almost 2 years). The only downside with it is the wing is glued on and not detachable.

There's also the A-10, another twin engine plane; that one has a 60" wingspan and a detachable wing, but it's a low wing plane, not a high wing. However, it has a lot of trainer-like tendencies, so you might not have an issue with it!

kilroy07

Legendary member
The Kraken will test (Stress :unsure:) your transport/storage abilities!! :LOL:
And flies like a big old butterfly with a twin "C" pack tractor setup!
(I tried a pusher configuration and it tamed it down way too much!)

Bricks

Master member
In those size planes I say go IC the list would be endless. Almost all of my 45 inch and up planes gets either gas or glow, much cheaper then running batteries and flight times an be as long as you want ( almost ).

jack10525

The Grand Tundra or Carbon Z would be ideal but I can't justify spending nearly $400. I'm in the $200 range. I've tried scratch building the spear but it would not fly for some reason. The Kracken seems like and interesting plane.

Gas is not my thing...

Never saw the legacy before. Kinda looks like a storch with 2 motors. Not really liking the design.

joelspangler

If you are open to non flitetest models, you can look up rumbuilder. I actually won one of their kits and have it built but have been too afraid to maiden it. I recently added a gyro stability add on to it and am just waiting for a calm day.

JTarmstr

Elite member
The Grand Tundra or Carbon Z would be ideal but I can't justify spending nearly $400. I'm in the $200 range. I've tried scratch building the spear but it would not fly for some reason. The Kracken seems like and interesting plane.

Gas is not my thing...

Never saw the legacy before. Kinda looks like a storch with 2 motors. Not really liking the design.

I would try the A-10 then, it looks cool, has that presence in the air that only a A-10 has, and its arround $110

b-29er

How about making a bigger FT plane, like the simple cub, but at 200% scale out of 1/2" foamboard? That or electrifying a high-wing balsa trainer for that higher speed