Help! Looking for a good flight camera

jack10525

I've had a couple of gopro knockoff cameras from ebay and amazon. They were about $40 plus a $10 mem card. Well since I crash quite a bit I either break them or lose them. Last one ended up in the water after crashing plane into a tree about 12 feet up. Just lost sight and control. Anyway I figure its time to step up my game and buy a bettery camera. I finally broke down and bought a runcam2. Not a bad camera but not easy to use and no screen. So right off the bat I notice this camera runs really hot. Not sure if this is normal. So I use it a few times on a quad and various planes. Video is better than the other cameras. After less than 10 uses the camera is hard to turn on. It just wont come on. Take out the battery and get it to turn on. Also noticed the camera will not connect to iphone wifi easily. Phone is right next to camera but doesn't see wifi. This happens many times. I bought it from amazon and figure I got a bad one so I returned it. Not sure if I want to try another one. Is there another camera like this around the same price point?

jack10525

So still looking for a decent camera to strap on planes and catch video while I fly. I am on my 2nd runcam2. They are not very durable and kinda glitchy as I described above. Anyway I am thinking of trying a gopro session. Has anybody used a session that could offer input? I wonder if they are too heavy, bulky.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I've had good luck the Mobius both in a plane and on my hat. On a plane, I'd recommend the C lens. On a hat, I'd recommend the A lens.