Looking for a reasonably priced KK2.0 board

cpo

I am thinking about building a tricopter, and I think the inexpensive way to get started is with the KK2.0 controller board. I see HK is out of stock on them. There are a couple on ebay for 3x the price they should be.

Anyone know where I can get one? I really want to try and build a tri before Christmas...because I am pretty sure I have a GoPro coming...

RoyBro

Mentor
Wow! The US warehouse is often out, but I've never seen the International warehouse out of the KK2 board before. I wonder if there's an updated version on the horizon.
And them being out would certainly explain why the eBay prices are currently 3X the warehouse price.

RoyBro

Mentor
Oh and check with Stone blue airlines. I remember they had a couple they were selling.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
The KK2 is no longer listed on Hobby King's international warehouse. I have been waiting for almost 8 weeks for them to be in stock in any warehouse and finally bought the ebay ones for $45.

cpo

Knowing nothing about this technology (yet), would this be a viable option? I do realize it will be a pain for initial programming since I will need to use a computer, but what other differences will there be with this?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...ol_Board_V3_0_Atmega328_PA_US_Warehouse_.html

QUAD_CON32K_MAIN(1)(3).jpg

cranialrectosis

Mentor
I have never used this board. I did not buy it because it does not mention any type of autolevel in the advertisement.

Read the reviews at the bottom. I did and then bought the KK2 from ebay.

cpo

I have never used this board. I did not buy it because it does not mention any type of autolevel in the advertisement.

Good point. Thanks. I don't know what I need/want yet...but autolevel sounds like one of those things that will be on my list. :)

cranialrectosis

Mentor
Autolevel is a bit of a crutch.

It helped me fly but I need to get past it to learn to flip and roll.

Still, without it, learning to fly would have been MUCH harder.

Team_Monkey

I started with the KK1 V2.1 board from HK and it really is easy to set up and use. David (and others) have videos posted on how to program it. If you don't want to do anything, you can just turn on elevon mixing on you transmitter and use it as an X-copter right out of the box. It comes setup to be a + copter from the factory.

Can't speak to the autolevel function, I've never used it. Expo is my pal. :) Just FYI, I like to run negative expo on yaw to get it to spin fast enough.