Help! Looking for dementions of AtomRC Dolphin or RiteWing Drak models

Briksins

Hi

I would like to create a model for 3D printing with LW-PLA for any of those: AtomRC Dolphin or RiteWing Drak
So I'm looking for the model owners of mentioned models to supply me with detailed pictures of every part of the body kit with precise measurements
In return, I promise to make the project available for printing on Thingiverse

I would love to get pictures of every part made from different sides and with precise measurements of every hole, gap, bay and so on... basically, everything that would be required to make 1 to 1 replica in 3D for future 3D printing

Here is most of what I managed to find on the internet
33737918253492d441359f86f4e7c9c2.png

But this is obviously not enough, I need more detailed photos of every part from all sides possible and detailed measurements of every tiny ledge or gap
I know it will be a lot of work considering all little parts and gaps, connectors, angles and so on, but drawing it in 3D will be even harder :)
Though it will be very handy for others to enjoy it after

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Why not just design your on craft instead of trying to copy/paste someone else's IP?

Briksins

Good question, probably because I like specifically these models :)
And I don't have enough knowledge of aerodynamics to design my personal models, I'm not even talking about all little details, like joints, wings locking mechanism, connectors, bays, holes for the wires and so on

Though I could try that approach too

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
If I had the stuff I wouldn't help as it runs the line to close to IP violations for my liking.

And I don't have enough knowledge of aerodynamics to design my personal models

There is a swath of stuff out there that would give you the basics enough to be able to create a plane.
The key things would be the positioning of your CG to NP, shape of airfoils, sizes of control surfaces, etc.

https://www.flitetest.com/articles/easy-aircraft-design
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/determining-control-surface-area.62991/#post-565944
https://www.ecalc.ch/cgcalc.php

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Good question, probably because I like specifically these models :)
And I don't have enough knowledge of aerodynamics to design my personal models, I'm not even talking about all little details, like joints, wings locking mechanism, connectors, bays, holes for the wires and so on

Though I could try that approach too

Maybe consult the makers of the planes and ask them for actual dimensions. Who knows maybe they are like Flite Test and willing to share what they make to be passed along to others free of charge. Never know til you ask.

PandaSPB

Hi

I would like to create a model for 3D printing with LW-PLA for any of those: AtomRC Dolphin or RiteWing Drak
So I'm looking for the model owners of mentioned models to supply me with detailed pictures of every part of the body kit with precise measurements
In return, I promise to make the project available for printing on Thingiverse

I would love to get pictures of every part made from different sides and with precise measurements of every hole, gap, bay and so on... basically, everything that would be required to make 1 to 1 replica in 3D for future 3D printing

Here is most of what I managed to find on the internet
33737918253492d441359f86f4e7c9c2.png

But this is obviously not enough, I need more detailed photos of every part from all sides possible and detailed measurements of every tiny ledge or gap
I know it will be a lot of work considering all little parts and gaps, connectors, angles and so on, but drawing it in 3D will be even harder :)
Though it will be very handy for others to enjoy it after

I'm ready to help you. I'm looking all over the web for this model. there are a lot of worries about copyrights, but I think manufacturers of RC models and drones should provide such models themselves. Because there are a lot of various electronics on the market, and these are self-powered devices. requiring fitting before purchase .I like to place everything in a 3d model first, understand what needs to be printed and how best to put it all.. I do this with quadrocopters and I want to do the same with an airplane. I will be grateful to you for such a model. and I am ready to help in every possible way .. please email me if you haven't left this idea alex.m_spb@yahoo.com