Looking for fellow flyers in the Maritimes, Canada

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Having a hard time finding other people in my neck of the woods participating in this hobby. Give my a shout if there is anybody living in Atlantic Canada.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Wow you're pretty far up there! Say hi to the Oak Island crew for me.
Can't believe that there is nobody in these parts doing this, or so it seems, When I started this I got a couple of neighbors into it (reminds me I have to change my Avatar) but they lost interest after a short bit, and that was me building for all of us most of the time, I progressed they didn't and so here I am. Any suggestions? Maybe start a Facebook thing to maybe get some people interested? As much as I like building and flying by myself, it was fun when there was a couple of us there. And I think this is such a great hobby that everyone should at least give it a try if you have ever thought about doing it. Local club doesn't seem very receptive to my "models" and the field is just too far away from where I live so again here I am. Never been down to Oak Island, I live in Saint John New Brunswick and Oak Island is off the coast of Nova Scotia , about a five hour drive, like the show, don't think anything is there though:ROFLMAO:. The Bay of Fundy has been relentless with the wind this year I gotta say though, won't have to worry about that with the snow skimmer.

Can't believe that there is nobody in these parts doing this, or so it seems, When I started this I got a couple of neighbors into it (reminds me I have to change my Avatar) but they lost interest after a short bit, and that was me building for all of us most of the time, I progressed they didn't and so here I am. Any suggestions? Maybe start a Facebook thing to maybe get some people interested? As much as I like building and flying by myself, it was fun when there was a couple of us there. And I think this is such a great hobby that everyone should at least give it a try if you have ever thought about doing it. Local club doesn't seem very receptive to my "models" and the field is just too far away from where I live so again here I am. Never been down to Oak Island, I live in Saint John New Brunswick and Oak Island is off the coast of Nova Scotia , about a five hour drive, like the show, don't think anything is there though:ROFLMAO:. The Bay of Fundy has been relentless with the wind this year I gotta say though, won't have to worry about that with the snow skimmer.
How do you think I feel about being in Brooklyn?! There are two reachable "official" flying sites here that I'm not interested in. One is the classic old elitist dinosaurs that I have no intention of even saying hello to. The other seems (online) like it might be more receptive, but for a bit of travel, and conforming my schedule to theirs, and rules, and everything else, I can't work up enough interest to go out there. It's like the difference between spirituality and religion. Religion is a club that comes with rules and uniforms and an organizational hierarchy and judgement in every direction and...

There's got to be 100,000 young people and old in this City that would be interested but don't think it's possible in this landscape. Ah well.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
How do you think I feel about being in Brooklyn?! There are two reachable "official" flying sites here that I'm not interested in. One is the classic old elitist dinosaurs that I have no intention of even saying hello to. The other seems (online) like it might be more receptive, but for a bit of travel, and conforming my schedule to theirs, and rules, and everything else, I can't work up enough interest to go out there. It's like the difference between spirituality and religion. Religion is a club that comes with rules and uniforms and an organizational hierarchy and judgement in every direction and...

There's got to be 100,000 young people and old in this City that would be interested but don't think it's possible in this landscape. Ah well.
Sucks.

Jade_Monkey07

At first I found the same thing here in calgary. I couldnt find people to fly with. Let alone people who scratch build with foam. I did find a fun group of guys, but the all fly 10-20k massive turbine jets. I always feel silly flying my little micro foamies around them.
The lighter side of rc on youtube if anyone is curious to see the monstrous planes they fly.
You can see my bald head in the background eating curry chicken from a pot like a true hobo

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
At first I found the same thing here in calgary. I couldnt find people to fly with. Let alone people who scratch build with foam. I did find a fun group of guys, but the all fly 10-20k massive turbine jets. I always feel silly flying my little micro foamies around them.
The lighter side of rc on youtube if anyone is curious to see the monstrous planes they fly.
You can see my bald head in the background eating curry chicken from a pot like a true hobo
:LOL:Yep I watch this channel, can only dream of having planes like that