Looking for foamboard or similar in Australia (3mm)

bozman

Looking for foamboard or similar in Australia, depron is too expensive when you can find it and it looks like the HK foam is not available in the 3mm at the moment.
Im half way through a project and have run out.

I would like to try the Flitetest foamboard but its currently only available in the 50 sheet box which would cost be about $300 AUD to buy and get delivered.

Jade_Monkey07

Looking for foamboard or similar in Australia, depron is too expensive when you can find it and it looks like the HK foam is not available in the 3mm at the moment.

I would like to try the Flitetest foamboard but its currently only available in the 50 sheet box which would cost be about $300 AUD to buy and get delivered.
What are your options for dollar store type places there? Here in Canada every store seems to carry their own brand or type but they do all seem to have it where I am. I've seen the Adam's board like ft uses, 2 types of Elmer's brand and one other. Wish I could get my hands on some thinner depron though

bozman

What are your options for dollar store type places there? Here in Canada every store seems to carry their own brand or type but they do all seem to have it where I am. I've seen the Adam's board like ft uses, 2 types of Elmer's brand and one other. Wish I could get my hands on some thinner depron though
Hey Jade, yeh , there are a few options from craft and picture framers but I am yet to find anyone under about $10 for a A1 sheet. I bought two sheets from a craft shop the other day just so I could progress one of my builds and it cost me $24 for two and I had to pick it up. I was using the Hobby King foam which was about $1 a sheet but they have been out of stock for some time. Aero-modelling Foam Board 3mm x 500mm x 700mm (White) (1 Set = 20 sheets) (hobbyking.com)

I found this in the US but I think the freight would kill me. Readi-Board Foam Board Bulk Case 50 (bargainw.com)
I dont know whats happening in the US but freight from there to Oz has been crazy for years.

Piotrsko

Master member
A while back people were having success with foam floor underlayment and newspaper glued to both sides. I think even @bracesport made some that worked. @cdfigueredo is an expert here and had a series of posts on how to make it

bracesport

Legendary member
do you have Uncle Bills stores near you - they carry the DTFB board here in NZ and Uncle Bills is certainly an Aussy chain store.

Tom26

I'm from Australia aswell and i found depron foam board works well but you have to do some modifications to flight tests building techniques but it is a lot lighter

gary baker

I've just ordered a box of 20 sheets from FT... $13 a sheet, which is only $2 more than the heavier Spotlight or Officeworks stuff!