Looking for help finding cam and TX for FS goggles

BlueFlyer

Like a total noob... I lost reception on my FS Teleporter 5.8 system today with the plane and FPV gear. Can I just buy a new cam and TX for my Fat Shark goggle/receiver? Any recommendation? How do I bind or match the new gear with my FS goggle? I'd appreciate any help from all you FT fans. Thanks!

RoyBro

Mentor
Are you sure the problem is with the transmitter? Or did you lose the plane, camera, transmitter and all?

To answer your question, yes. You can buy FatShark or other brands of transmitters that will work with your Teleporter goggles. There is no "binding", but you have to be sure that whatever transmitter you get will operate on one of the channels supported by your goggles. Check your documentation to see what frequencies are assigned to the various channels. The easiest solution would be to stick to the FatShark brand of transmitter. I know that Foxtech FPV carries a 32 channel transmitter that probably supports the frequencies used by your goggles.
As for the camera, it too doesn't have to be a FatShark camera. Be sure it operates on 5v so that it can be powered by your FatShark transmitter (should you go that route). But you could also use an 808 #16, Mobius, GoPro, Sony board cam, and others. There are lots of reviews on cameras.

BlueFlyer

Are you sure the problem is with the transmitter? Or did you lose the plane, camera, transmitter and all?

To answer your question, yes. You can buy FatShark or other brands of transmitters that will work with your Teleporter goggles. There is no "binding", but you have to be sure that whatever transmitter you get will operate on one of the channels supported by your goggles. Check your documentation to see what frequencies are assigned to the various channels. The easiest solution would be to stick to the FatShark brand of transmitter. I know that Foxtech FPV carries a 32 channel transmitter that probably supports the frequencies used by your goggles.
As for the camera, it too doesn't have to be a FatShark camera. Be sure it operates on 5v so that it can be powered by your FatShark transmitter (should you go that route). But you could also use an 808 #16, Mobius, GoPro, Sony board cam, and others. There are lots of reviews on cameras.

RoyBro,
Thanks for the info. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I lost the whole SHABANG. Hahahaha. It just went to fuzz. I think I passed two hills. I can't retrieve my plane because the field is a preserve. Live and learn, right?

RoyBro

Mentor
Check the vendor thread in this forum for possible sources of Fatshark capable transmitters. And if you are going to lose entire planes, you might consider the cheaper cameras.

You might also consider a flight control system with return to launch and failsafe capabilities.

Good luck. Let us know what you choose.

BlueFlyer

Check the vendor thread in this forum for possible sources of Fatshark capable transmitters. And if you are going to lose entire planes, you might consider the cheaper cameras.

You might also consider a flight control system with return to launch and failsafe capabilities.

Good luck. Let us know what you choose.

Wow. I didn't know about that. I'll look into them too. I'll keep you up to date in hopes to making the right buying decision. Thanks again!

RoyBro

Mentor
I still want to see David drop another glider from space, but this time have it autonomously piloted home by a return to launch system.

I'll bet he could even get it sponsored.

Last edited:

Johan

I still want to see David drop another glider from space, but this time have it autonomously piloted home by a return to launch system.

I'll bet he could even get it sponsored.

Reminds me of the James May (Topear / toy stories) BBC episode where they drop a glider with an APM on board from a helicopter (original plan was a hot air balloon) to cross 'the channel' Where the channel was replaced with another channel...

I know this was posted before, but that YouTube link did not work anymore ... PS: for the impatient, the real attempt starts 40 mins into the show)