Looking for help in mounting FT Aura 5 in Mini Scout

dap35

Elite member
Doing my first build and looking for advice on where to mount the Aura 5 Lite in a mini scout.

dap35

Elite member
Thanks All. I ended up mounting it in the cockpit. I guess that makes it a Steam Punk Scout.
Seems to work fine once I got it configured.

MiniScout.jpeg

dap35

Elite member
Looks really nice. Your mount of the Aura is cleaner than mine, and your landing gear looks great too. I really struggled with the original gear, and bent up a wider set to make the plane more stable on the ground.

I decided that I liked top access to mount the battery better, so I got inspired to build a larger plane based off of the Simple Scout at 134%. It will have removable 55" wings and a removable top hatch to access the electronics.

heartland

dap, I fly off grass so I hand launch. So the Aura launch mode works great for me also.
The roll rate is so fast on this airplane I'm afraid the landing gear would fly off anyway!
I would like to see pictures of your top mount battery access. (y)

dap35

Elite member
dap, I fly off grass so I hand launch. So the Aura launch mode works great for me also.
The roll rate is so fast on this airplane I'm afraid the landing gear would fly off anyway!
I would like to see pictures of your top mount battery access. (y)
I am going to try launch mode soon. There is a church nearby with a huge lot that's pretty ideal.

I just printed the fuselage for the scale up 'SuperScout' and need to tape the pieces together. It's my first attempt at a scratch build, so it will be slow going. It is also the first time I have done any CAD work in over 20 years, so that has been a real challenge :) I will start a new thread and try to capture the progress.