Looking for Info on RC Trucks

jack10525

Back in the 80's I had a pretty cool electric rc truck. I think it was modeled after an F150. It had big soft tires, working shocks and a sealed case for all the electronics. Over all this was a plastic body. It looked like a mini monster truck. This was the 80's and I was a lot younger but this thing seems fast. Can't recall what kind of battery it used. Don't think lipos were out yet. Anyway kinda wanted to get a rc truck to play with when I can't fly. Anybody got suggestions on what to start out with and not break the bank. Figure $200 and under. Or maybe someone can point me in the direction of a forum.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I think the one you were talking about from back in the day was the Tamaya Bigfoot or Blackfoot. I had them both at some point over the years. Just handed the blackfoot down to a friend when I built my Nitro Franken Truck.

Here is a name branded complete system. Its nicad driven but could easily be upgraded to brush-less at any time. Traxxas makes some good stuff and are one of the top 5 non probuilt custom vehicles. Might be worth a peek to get back into it all.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/TRA360...MI47Gm25fh2wIVELXACh1tUQyKEAQYEiABEgJ9IfD_BwE