Looking for new multirotor control boards...

saundw

I have a DJI Naza controller (which I love) but this is pretty pricy. I am looking for another controller for cheaper price that is very stable and features something similar to Attitude mode on the Naza. KK boards are out because of the unstableness of them. I have looked at the MultiWii but it looks pretty complicated. Please write any suggestions you guys have.

Thanks!

UndCon

UndCon
I have MultiWii and it is pretty simple to get running I also have ArduPilotMega and with the APM software it is a very potent autopilot. I am currently waiting for a new Arupilot as I suspect mine is broken. When installed I have fully autonomous UAV.

saundw

Then why do you ask?

What about ArduPilotMega for $200?

I wish I could have the funding you have, I'd be up and running even with a KKboard!

Colorex,
Don't let my ADD confuse you, my funding is close to none...LOL :)

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Start out small with a cheap Hobbyking setup like this:http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__15295__5_8g_200mw_FPV_Wireless_AV_Tx_Rx_Set.html

Than work your way up and before you know it, you'll be cruising over the Alps with Trappy from TBS!

I was planning to take a safe step with RangeVideo, I want to have some kind of guarantee if something goes bad. I think 1.3 GHz fits my needs:

Aerial Video System [AVS-1300-800-KX6] : RangeVideo!, Wireless video solutions.

It's frigging expensive at $230, but it comes with 800mW Tx, 2.4GHz lowpass filter, Vee antenna, and microphone and apparently a good camera. With those properties I should get quite some range...

saundw

I was planning to take a safe step with RangeVideo, I want to have some kind of guarantee if something goes bad. I think 1.3 GHz fits my needs:

Aerial Video System [AVS-1300-800-KX6] : RangeVideo!, Wireless video solutions.

It's frigging expensive at $230, but it comes with 800mW Tx, 2.4GHz lowpass filter, Vee antenna, and microphone and apparently a good camera. With those properties I should get quite some range...

I started with a RangeVideo 900mhz and was very happy I probably would've gone for the 1.3ghz if I had known better! I am extremely confident that you are going to love this setup as I believe that great results are easily achievable with this Tx. RangeVideo is a great company with excellent service! Maybe I'm saying that because I get overnight shipping to my house with the least expensive shipping method ;)

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I started with a RangeVideo 900mhz and was very happy I probably would've gone for the 1.3ghz if I had known better! I am extremely confident that you are going to love this setup as I believe that great results are easily achievable with this Tx. RangeVideo is a great company with excellent service! Maybe I'm saying that because I get overnight shipping to my house with the least expensive shipping method ;)

Thanks, finally someone who thumbs up my decision instead of making me doubt it...

Now, I have to get a good job and start working again... $230 for FPV, plus $20 shipping, plus $40 7" TFT, plus $10 local supplies is all I need. $300? Quite a bit where I live. That's what many people earn monthly in my community!

Note: not begging for anything at all.

saundw

Save your pennies! It's better to have something you want later than have something you didn't really want now!

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Heheh. Found this thread on Google while searching for opinions on that FPV set!

I attached the current list, not completely complete but a good enough sketch. Just ignore the frame in the list and put in this custom-designed, 1/6 th-of-the-price, awesomeness instead.

quadR6_zpsfbcd2b5e.jpeg

quadR7_zps7a678ada.jpeg

Attachments

• FPV Quad Expense List.zip
    10.3 KB · Views: 88