Looking for Park Flyer/ Tree Dodger

mountaindewdude76

I've decided that I want a 3S FPV Park Flyer/Tree Dodger. I've been thinking either the FT Goblin, FT Sparrow, or the FT Super Bee.

I'd like it fly semi fast but then also be able to fly well at semi slow speeds, too.

What do you guys suggest?

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I'm gonna suggest the Goblin. Flies fairly fast, responsive, 3 channel (elevons and throttle), and you can rig it with FPV very easily. In addition, with the pusher setup, your FPV view won't have the prop turning and blurring your view like the Super Bee would.

Arrow's doable, but it's a little small to easily get the FPV gear in. It can be done, sure, but for my gigantor hands, it's a little tough to connect stuff in the fuse.

mountaindewdude76

I'm gonna suggest the Goblin. Flies fairly fast, responsive, 3 channel (elevons and throttle), and you can rig it with FPV very easily. In addition, with the pusher setup, your FPV view won't have the prop turning and blurring your view like the Super Bee would.

Arrow's doable, but it's a little small to easily get the FPV gear in. It can be done, sure, but for my gigantor hands, it's a little tough to connect stuff in the fuse.

Printing the plans for the Goblin right now. Thank you, sir!!!

mountaindewdude76

Goblis is the way to go! My sons and I have five of them between us. Glide well and are extremely nimble!

I got the plans printed and cut out. I cut out 2 of each piece. I've had to set the parts to the side until my electronics get here on Saturday but....we have the FT Goblin build started and we're stoked. We are also building a 10 foot wingspan Skyvan and we intend on doing a piggy-back attachment for the Goblin that will allow us to use the Skyvan to carry the Goblin up and release it in flight.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I did a 75% goblin and it flew amazing. I didn’t really do slow flying with it - I was using 4s after all... ;):LOL:

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I had pretty good luck with an FT dart, Durable little wing too. I cant weave through the trees without some yaw so it's the only wing I fly! For all out tree bashing fun, however, I find that EPP foam planes (mostly converted chuck gliders) can take the most abuse...