Looking for parts list

zippity_doogah

As someone who has a lot of experience flying drones for photo and video, I want to take it to the next level. There are tons of kits and even more parts. It's a little daunting.

I was hoping to find an fpv kit I could fly for 10+ minutes so my experience can grow quickly with each flight. My hope would be to upgrade over time and even have the ability for hd video eventually.

For now I am looking for an fpv set up to build and start with. I know flite test has great options, but I want to go big enough I can upgrade parts eventually.

Anyone want to help me build a list and/or donate parts?

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Hi zippity, pepare yourself. Once you start in this part of the hobby you can't get out.

What kind of FPV flying do you eventually want to be doing. Flips and tricks? Casual cruising? Long range? I assume a quadcopter. 10+ minutes is lot to ask for the common fpv rig (5" miniquad), but it can certainly be done with other setups. I am not going to be the best resource for what parts to get, but I can always help when it comes to getting things connected together and ready to fly.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
The amount of time you want to fly is going to dictate the size of the quad just as your purpose for it. If you want to build a camera rig, then you are going to be looking at something that is going to be swinging 10 inch or bigger props. Any size can be upgraded, Hell today's tech will be old in a few weeks. It's just the nature of the beast. Laugh all you want but I still enjoy flying my big quad with the kk2 on it. Well when I bring it out. I want to do some experiments with it but I never find the time to work with it or I forget about it.

zippity_doogah

Hi zippity, pepare yourself. Once you start in this part of the hobby you can't get out.

What kind of FPV flying do you eventually want to be doing. Flips and tricks? Casual cruising? Long range? I assume a quadcopter. 10+ minutes is lot to ask for the common fpv rig (5" miniquad), but it can certainly be done with other setups. I am not going to be the best resource for what parts to get, but I can always help when it comes to getting things connected together and ready to fly.

So what about a drone like this?

zippity_doogah

The amount of time you want to fly is going to dictate the size of the quad just as your purpose for it. If you want to build a camera rig, then you are going to be looking at something that is going to be swinging 10 inch or bigger props. Any size can be upgraded, Hell today's tech will be old in a few weeks. It's just the nature of the beast. Laugh all you want but I still enjoy flying my big quad with the kk2 on it. Well when I bring it out. I want to do some experiments with it but I never find the time to work with it or I forget about it.

So what about this?