Looking for people to fly with

Winston1203

Hey, I recently started the hobby and I've been looking for a suitable airfield or club I can fly at. Not very many people in my town are interested in the hobby and I am having trouble finding a good place to fly. If you'd point to the nearest friendly airfield that would be appreciated. I live in Berkeley.

OliverW

Legendary member
Hey, I recently started the hobby and I've been looking for a suitable airfield or club I can fly at. Not very many people in my town are interested in the hobby and I am having trouble finding a good place to fly. If you'd point to the nearest friendly airfield that would be appreciated. I live in Berkeley.
https://www.modelaircraft.org/club-finder give this a try! I'm sure you'll have one near you

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor

Diablo Valley RC is a great club - I've flown at their field before, and it's a nice, paved runway. It might be a little bit of a drive, since they're in Pittsburg, but they were really good people and really nice to me when I stopped by to visit from San Diego, while my wife visited her family in Concord. :)

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
@Winston1203 heres a private bay area model flyers group i help moderate on facebook. The group is generally slope soaring focused but most all of us do powered flight as well. Im sure if you ask for suggestions on groups to fly with multiple people will help you out. If you decide to join the group, just make sure to answer the 3 questions.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/168111893736727/

fastfred529

I fly in Vacaville at Lagoon Valley Park at the Lagoon Valley Electric Flyers club field. All ama members are welcome to fly here. There is a parking fee. I usually buy a 6 month pass. View of field from my FT Arrow and RunCamHD

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I fly in Vacaville at Lagoon Valley Park at the Lagoon Valley Electric Flyers club field. All ama members are welcome to fly here. There is a parking fee. I usually buy a 6 month pass. View of field from my FT Arrow and RunCamHD

Good to know! My in laws live in Concord, and when we come up to visit I'm always looking for places to fly. Vacaville is about 40 min. away, and probably easy to throw a Versa Wing or my Nano Goblin in the air to fly with when travaling to visit them from San Diego. :)