Looking for shared DXe programming

Tobbe H

Hello

I got a Spektrum Dxe and an FT Mustang that wont play ball. Anybody got viable programming to share?

Out of the box the DXe will only do rudder and elev OR aileron. Never all three. I've ordered the programming cable hoping that it's a programming issue. :)

Thanks!

Namactual

Elite member
Hmm...

This sounds very strange. My DXe used the stock 4 channel traditional aircraft setup out of the box. Even if it came loaded with elevons/delta, something does not sound right. I are sure you are not over loading the BEC? What do you mean by elevator or aileron? During the same session with the same connections it will not use both at the same time? Only one at a time? Are you using the stock Spektrum Rx?

Edit: to see if you are overloading the BEC, try disconnecting the rudder servo and see if it still has the issue?

Tobbe H

My rx is an AR610.

I agree there seems to be an overload issue. The aileron has two servos on a y connection, if unplugged and replaced with a spare, single servo then all three will run simultaniously.

Does the AR610 not have enough punch to run all said servos at once? Ideas on how to get airborn without purchasing new RX?

Last edited:

Namactual

Elite member
Your Rx should be fine. What you need is more power for your servo load. I am going to guess that you are using the BEC integrated with the ESC to power your system? Depending on the BEC rating and input battery voltage you can over draw, (shuts down system power for a second), overheat, (shuts down system power for a while), or just burn out the BEC completely .

What you need is an external switching BEC.
I use these for my cheap foamies...
UBEC @ Amazon
These are a switching BEC's so the input voltage does not change the system amp draw rating. You do not have to use these particular ones, I just am giving you an example. I have had good luck with these, but as for all cheap electronics there are no guarantees. I guess it's a good thing they sell them in pairs. ;)

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Namactual

Elite member
Aye, I made this little diagram for another thread...
181278_4cc97f4035cc262b0fb39644af1f646c.jpg
And here is a pic of the result...
181276_70bbbec9f6d805ae8fe86e7d05ea4487.jpg

When you install the external BEC you will want to pull the + lead going from your ESC to your system. (The red wire pulled from the connector and wrapped in yellow heat shrink in the bottom right pic.)