Looking for sponsors to support my near space project!

Chevrolado

Hello, My name is Brandon Tenold. i am a 17 year old FPV Pilot in South Dakota. I have recently been trying to start up my latest ambitious project but sadly i dont have the funds to complete it myself. i have however successfully found sponsors for *most* of the project.

Sponsors that have helped me so far include:

Industrial sized tank of Helium, good for several launches, donated by CARR LLP

600G Weather Balloons, Donated by my local National Weather service station

Sheets of foam and all the necessary building supplies for the glider im going to make, Plains Towing and recovery LLP

APRS Tracker, Servos, RC Radio, goggles, and autopilot i purchased myself.

Things i need to finish:

1000MW or 800MW 1.2GHZ TX With CP Antennas

UHF RC System

Ground antennas: (thinking about building a MOXON Yagi and Helical)

MOBIUS HD Camera or a single GoPro Hero 2

I plan on returning the things that i need to complete the project. (Plan to launch mid november)

I have alot of experience in the field of FPV, I have been mentioned in multiple Magazines and been on TV a few times. (links below)

my intentions for this project:

-Be the first teenager to design, build, and fly the plane and balloon myself

-Make it up to 80K Feet and fly a plane down, while getting footage of the whole
flight

-prove hobby electronics can fly to the edge of space and survive

-Put on a demonstration at my local highschool about the project, things i had to overcome, weather patterns, and what weather is like at high altitudes

-improve my chances of getting into M.I.T

Here are some the links and a little about me

http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.c...nes/?id=158995

http://maidenarchives.blogspot.com/2...blog-post.html

http://maidenarchives.blogspot.com/search?q=tenold

I hope someone is interested in supporting my project as i see potential in the advertising and performance of ones products. (who wouldnt want to brag their system worked in the edge of space?)

Thank you for your time.

Brandon Tenold, KD0KMT

Last edited:

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Hey Brandon,

you might want to contact David from rcexplorer.se, since he has dome something like this before :)

(He is also a member of the FT crew even though he had to leave to Sweden for now)

Chevrolado

Hey Brandon,

you might want to contact David from rcexplorer.se, since he has dome something like this before :)

(He is also a member of the FT crew even though he had to leave to Sweden for now)

David is back in the States BALU, And I am aware of his project however he seemed to be hesitant on giving me any information.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
He's only back until the 23rd and seems to be busy on Rotor DR1 with Chad. From his comments on the space project I'd say it was a bit of a thorn in his side. That combined with not much freetime during his visit back to the states might be why he isn't being very forthcoming. I know that's not much help but I wish you good luck with this project.