Looking For Super Cub LP Upgrades

MagicFlyer

Hello,
My name is William, New to FTF live in Champaign, IL

I work with the Salvation Army and some local schools. Teaching kids to fly drones/planes/cars.

I have two Super Cubs LP that I would like to upgrade. I am looking for Motor/ firewalls. If someone could help in 3d Printing or has some looking to part with?
Thanks for any help,

Blue Skies- William

Taildragger

Legendary member
Welcome to the forums!
Love the super cub LP! Personally I keep mine brushed, just keep in mind going brushless will mean less weight in the nose, so they might be a little tail heavy. The power that comes from a brushless upgrade is fun though!
Can't help out on the 3D printing, but I could design a firewall/motor mount for what motor you would like to use.
I hope some others will input here.

MagicFlyer

Thanks, Taildragger,
I guess keeping it brushed would work, in that the receiver I would like to swap any suggestions for keeping it brushed? The receiver in one plane seems to be a little off. I would probably get around same flight time?

Taildragger

Legendary member
Thanks, Taildragger,
I guess keeping it brushed would work, in that the receiver I would like to swap any suggestions for keeping it brushed? The receiver in one plane seems to be a little off. I would probably get around same flight time?
You would need to find a brushed plane esc which can be hard to find. Hobbyking had some a while ago and I'm not sure if they still do. You could use a car esc and just have a LOT of reverse power too lol