Looking to add FPV to Stratosurfer

jack10525

Hello Guy and Girl,

I have a strix stratosurfer that have been flying for a few months now. I am getting longer and longer flight times and further and further away. Anyway many times I have flown it so far out its hard to see and I have to "wiggle" it around to figure out orientation to bring it back in. So since this plane is pretty much made for FPV I thought I would check into it. I am not really sure of all the components needed and how they connect to one and other. Ready Made RC does have a pre-assemble FPV pod I can buy but it's kind of pricey to me. Also, I don't think it comes with goggles. Can someone list the parts I need and possibly a link to a guide on setting it up? Also if you are so kind as to offer links to specific products can you make sure they are in the US?

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
There are 4 main components. The camera, the video transmitter, the receiver and the display. IBCrazy did an awesome series of videos, they are definitely worth watching -

IcedStorm777

Regarding the stratosurfer do you think it would be possible to turn it into a float plane? All you would need to do would be add two wing pontoons and then seal the two tiny holes in the fuselage. Does anyone think this is possible...

jack10525

I'm sure anything is possible. Not sure how it would fly with too much added weight and the pontoons may affect airflow. I fly with a 3200 mah 3s and sometimes it seems to not want to lift. You need to give it a good toss with 3/4 throttle into the wind.