LOS Flying With MidwestRob - New Stunt

kah00na

I've been doing a half flip & half roll with my FT Bloody Wonder and thought it would be cool if I could do something similar with my tricopter. I practiced a while on my simulator at home but performing it in real life was quite different! This evening, I met up with MidwestRob for some flying and he recorded this for me. The good new is my stunt worked once and... not so much the second time.

We both flew LOS at the same time and it is soooo fun to fly with someone else who had a multirotor! It pushes your skills to fly better when you see what others can do and try to learn from them. We also did some FPV but I need to brush up a little more on my skills in that department.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
Nice! I've been thinking about trying something like that but with the battery issues I've been having I'm not in a huge hurry to try anything too aggressive right now. Fun way to make a quick direction change :D

BorisB

It's a nice feeling when you get it right :D.

My first LOS acro practice happened with a f450. Damn you don't want to know how many dji arms I had to swap :D

kah00na

It's a nice feeling when you get it right :D.

My first LOS acro practice happened with a f450. Damn you don't want to know how many dji arms I had to swap :D

It is a great feeling! My quad is a F450 and those dumb arms are $4 each + delivery time. At least my tricopter arms are just wood so I can buy and replace them the same day. I usually make them 2 at a time to save time on replacing the next one.