• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lost Model Alarm

Hey Gang

Well here is my first post. I recently purchased a Lost Model Alarm (LMA) from Hobby King (see below).

Signal Loss Alarm & Lost Plane Finder

The LMA came with instructions but they are not the best. I have got as far as to connect the unit between ESC and RX. I follow the usual protocol of turning on the TX and then the RX. When I power the RX the LMA makes two distinct beeps. After this I simply can't work out what the instructions are trying to say.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

DM

Trumpy

Hiya DM , The two beeps are to let you know the system is armed and on . Hopefully you never need to use it tho, but if you do , you simply turn off your TX and the alarm will sound as soon as it detects there is no PWM signal being received , simple as that !

So hypothetically , you lose your model in some long grass or similar , you just turn off Your Tx and follow the beeps to the model :cool:

Hey DM, welcome to the fourm. I think by reading the description, the first two beeps is telling you the system is Armed. And if u loose your plane in tall grass, woods,etc. Just turn off your transmitter while your plane is still on and the LMA should put off the 85d alarm....I think lol

Hiya DM , The two beeps are to let you know the system is armed and on . Hopefully you never need to use it tho, but if you do , you simply turn off your TX and the alarm will sound as soon as it detects there is no PWM signal being received , simple as that !

So hypothetically , you lose your model in some long grass or similar , you just turn off Your Tx and follow the beeps to the model :cool:
haha you beat me to the punch...the page didn't update till after I posted and I saw pretty much the same thing between our posts lol

Hey Guys

Still no luck. When I switch the TX and then the RX I hear two distinct beeps. I then proceed to fly the aircraft only to hear the LMA beep.

Cheers

DM :(

Hey Gang

There are two distinct alarms;

Signal Loss Alarm

&

Discovery Buzzer

I have the former. I believe I have found the issue. I had the Signal Loss Alarm connected between the RX and ESC. If you don't adjust your throttle during a flight then the alarm sounds. I have since changed it to the aerolons and this has fixed the issue.

Kind Regards

DM

I have 2 lost model alarms from hobbyking, one is the stock hobbyking alarm and the other is a " screamy " and when I hook either of them up to a free channel on my Rx they both constantly sound off!

any help would be appreciated!