Lost plane :( and some transmitter help please

Monty

Well that was 'fun' I was having a few loops with my Eachines Trojan, My mate fires up his Eachine Corsair, strats looping with me and my plane just shoots off in the opposite direction and disappears into the sunset.

Oh well LOL

Looking at the FMS Moa Glider and/or FMS 1280MM (50.4") Wingspan Easy Trainer

But still confused about the transmitter. I did look at the FlySky 10 channel, but I've been told it only works with their own receivers and I'd have to change the ones in the gliders when I get them, There is 3 versions, well you get a receiver with each one, but 3 types of receiver. I do like the one with GPS but is that a plug and play unit ? Although it says For Drones ?

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Not sure about the GPS unit but the Flysky FA-iA6B allows you to plug in several stand alone telemtery units (which are really cheap by the way). I bought one to give me a reading of my Lipo/flight battery status £4 it cost, you can get an altimeter one and a motor speed version. They plug into the IBus slot and pig tail each other.
Better than the new ones built into the Spektrum AR410and AR620 they only have a range of 300meters so you can only get info when you fly past lol :LOL:
Did you get your Trojan back by the way or is it still heading off to sea ?

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Well that was 'fun' I was having a few loops with my Eachines Trojan, My mate fires up his Eachine Corsair, strats looping with me and my plane just shoots off in the opposite direction and disappears into the sunset.

Oh well LOL

But still confused about the transmitter. I did look at the FlySky 10 channel, but I've been told it only works with their own receivers and I'd have to change the ones in the gliders when I get them, There is 3 versions, well you get a receiver with each one, but 3 types of receiver. I do like the one with GPS but is that a plug and play unit ? Although it says For Drones ?
The easy trainer looks a decent plane but for a similar price you can pick up a Bixler 2 from Hobby King, they are a great plane (y) or the Bix 3 not sure of the price of them, Ive got one its a bit battered but still flies great.

Monty

Na never found it. Might get the drone out and look for it. I think I've bought a OrangeRx Tx10i Mode 2 EU Version 10ch 2.4GHz DSMX Compatible Radio System now, well had it bought for me

slowjo

Master member
I love the MOA for the same reason! I recently lost a quad, blew off coarse in the wind, but I found it on a sunny day, its still in the top of a 70' pine, fortunately its visible from my back yard, now all I have to do is check with binoculars instead of trecking thru the woods :sneaky: SlowJo

Monty

Decided not to get the MOA, Got the trainer, then is one of those late night shopping sprees bought a plane to build ready for 'next year' after I know what I'm doing :) I had the testors control line when I was a Yoofff, It never ever flew, No one could get it to fly. So I bought this to wipe the slate clean

DYN8960V2_x.jpg

Last edited:

Bricks

Master member
Sorry to here about your plane flying off, next time make sure and check that the failsafe is set if so equipped. Failsafe is if radio signal is lost the motor shuts down and either holds last command or can be preset to put control surfaces to a designated position.

tesseract

Master member
Although it says For Drones ?
Thats why. For drones if theres no control input and throttle is there, it holds throttle to not pummel into the ground.For a plane the only propeller s at the front, so by deafault the plane would accelerate forward instead of straight up luke a drone. As for it not recieving controls thats when the signal gets blocked. for some reason if theres a control input from the transmitter and it loses signal while its transmitting, the reciever holds that input.

Monty

Thats why. For drones if theres no control input and throttle is there, it holds throttle to not pummel into the ground.For a plane the only propeller s at the front, so by deafault the plane would accelerate forward instead of straight up luke a drone. As for it not recieving controls thats when the signal gets blocked. for some reason if theres a control input from the transmitter and it loses signal while its transmitting, the reciever holds that input.

yer I got a 10 channel Orange now

Monty

No question is dumb :)

Yer I did the toggle thing, Just didn't work. I have a few maybe ideas, but either way the plane is gone, I did like that little thing :)

Last edited:

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
It didn't have any of that stuff. it was only a 50 quid park flyer. it was supposed to have return to home, but that didn't work
Reminds me of my ex wife she was suppose to have a return to home as well but it didn't always work lol ;)

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
That sound like a range issue with the receiver. I fitted a cheap AR6210 Spektrum receiver in my F22. Well it said Spektrum on the receiver (it looked genuine) and the advert on ebay looked legit too.
The AR6210 is normally a long range receiver incorporating a satelite receiver.
First couple of flights I flew quite close and had no issues, then on my third flight started to give it a bit more speed and ventured out a bit further. Until suddenly I had no control and it glided off into the distance landing luckily in a field.
Learned my lesson with the cheap Spektrum copies if its too cheap to be true, then it probably isn't genuine !
Since then I only buy genuine manufacture receivers and avoid alternative manufacurers like Orange. Ive had mixed reviews about Orange, some guys swear by them, others swear at them its your choice.

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!

Oh well LOL

I have an FMS MOA and love it. The quality is top notch, but the instrutions are lacking. If you get one I can send you info about my setup for control horns, expo, etc. It does have a few quirks in its flight. Landing is easy enough, just chop the throttle and fly off the ground affect until it getntly touches down. I'd recommend it if you have a friend to hand launch for the first flight or 2, otherswise, it's great.
As long as your receiver is the same brand and type as your radio (all Spektrum DSMX receivers work with DSMX transmitters, Flysky recievers work with all Flysky radios, you get the idea). I have had a bad experience with my Flysky, but I have heard some people like them. I'd chose the same brand as most people you fly with since if they have upgrade a radio they can donate it to you or someone else, plus its easier to buddy box with others.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
The AR6210 I bought, I discovered afterwards was a copy/fake although it looked identical to the genuine article. It even had the Spektrum logo and serial codes etc
A big clues where: it arrive in none genuine packaging, no Spektrum instructions either. I discovered after that there where other clues, the 4 retaining screws had diffent heads to the genuine receivers.

No matter which receiver I now use: Futaba, FRsky, Spectrum and Flysky I always do a range test and have had no furthure issues with range since.

My favourite receivers are the Spektrum AR410 (4ch) and AR620 6ch) wireless receivers, I use these in my gliders and they fly at altitudes where they are barely visible in the sky. Not once have I had an issues with these Spektrum receivers or to be honest my FRsky - TFR6/TFR6A or Flysky FA-iA6B receivers.

I have a good friend who lost a model worth several hundred pounds, due to an Orange receiver. Yet the Secretary of my club fly's nothing else but Orange and his models which are very expensive Jets and big gassers. To my knowledge he hasn't had any issues so far.
The only difference is my mate uses DSMx protocol, where as the club Secretary uses a Futaba set up ! so obviously a different protocol.

There again it depends whether you buy a full range receiver, or a park fly receiver be aware of the range limitations of the receiver before you buy.