Lost the plane.....with a tad of good news

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
I have just put my FPV Raptor in a large tall spruce tree on only the second flight...Its high up and i dont know if I can retrieve this one, the plane I can lose but it had my new sony HD camera on board I had a few attempts at getting it down by throwing fur cones at it and as I was collecting them about fifty metres from the plane sat bolt upright in the middle of a stream was my camera!!!.....I could not believe it was my camera it was so far away from the plane I grabbed it and shook it out and there was a whole lotta water coming out of it. I dont know if she is going to dry out and work again but the sd card had some nice photos of the kids on it.....thats the tad of good news....the moral of this sad tale is dont take your eyes of that sucker when your trimming up.....keep flying

UndCon

UndCon
Always sad to loose something. I was a bit worried when I smashed my GoPros (currently on #3)
Parts like copters, ESC's and motors are replaceable but images/videos are harder to replace.

I can tell you loosing my Skywalker was not an option when I climed a tall tree.
//UndCon

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
undcon
Aye I dont mind a tree climb but it is at least 40 foot to the first climbable branches....I am getting my mates fishing rod and some 80lb line and if i have to get it down in pieces I will.....I miss that reciever more than anything

Last edited:

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
Nonamerc
We call em "cherry pickers" over here and the ironic thing is I have a license to use one...in fact I have used the largest one in europe and i could pick it out the tree without any extending with that one....But they are about £160 pound a day for an average size one or at least they were when I was cladding a few years back

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
2*7 m ladders to get to the lowest branch. Then climbing with ropes up to the top - almost.

060706-tall.JPG
060706-plane.JPG

Nonamerc

Arman
undcon
Aye I dont mind a tree climb but it is at least 40 foot to the first climbable branches....I am getting my mates fishing rod and some 80lb line and if i have to get it down in pieces I will.....I miss that reciever more than anything

Lets hope that its not going to rain.....

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
Ok a quick update on this thread......after a night in the airing cupboard the sony bloggie has sprung back to life and i have to say i am well pleased.....it is now 7.30 and i will take the sprogs to school at 9.00 and take a walk down the field with the camera and get some shots of the plane....unless the wind has assisted in the night.......

UndCon

UndCon
2*7 m ladders to get to the lowest branch. Then climbing with ropes up to the top - almost.

060706-tall.JPG
060706-plane.JPG

I could not reach the lowest branches with my ladder so I had to climb a bit but I used almost the same technique. I brought the ladder with me upwards 4 or 5 times to finally reach the plane.
I secured the ladder with rope to the trunk and branches

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor

Although this is a sad tale I am typing with a wry grin.I knew that camera fell out yesterday for a reason because if they would have found that they would of known what it was and kept it......Whoever smashed it up did not know the esc,motor and battery have a cash value so they left them on the floor after I stopped filming I found the receiver (yipee) But they have ripped it out and snapped the antenna wire, so if there is anyone out there knows how i can fix that I would be very grateful......when i got back my wife was sobbing because a dear friend of hers had passed away and it put the loss of some foam in perspective. remember anything of material value can be replaced

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Not the FPV Raptor!

I had to chuckle at the excitement in your voice when you found the battery!