Loving my new Rotor Bones equipped Try-copter. I couldn't these shots before.

Liemavick

Mentor
Do you get paid extra for sweeping the leaves off the paths? Nice flight, and your crazy taking it into that terrain so soon. ITS STILL NEW!! lol

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I built it to fly it! It's a testament to the stability of the kk board and the frame components. Not my flying skills.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I spoke too soon...

I managed to strip the (nylon) gears in my tail servo. When I get back from the campfire chat, I'll order another one with metal gears, and some props.

I can't believe I have so many flights on this one and haven't damaged a prop yet.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
No worries, I have some more servos around here somewhere...

But I'll put a metal gear in it. I think all it took was me landing a little hard to strip it.

I didn't hit the prop against anything.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
It's operational again... I couldn't wait for the shipment to arrive and I remembered there's a local "hobby shop" that carries affordable odds and ends.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
You know I will. I've already killed one battery, and there's two more here that need to die. I ordered three more Nano Techs. These I need to try to be a little better to, because they're the ones going with me in July when Patrick and I do the trip to the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I killed the servo after taking the video that shows the tilt system close up. A slightly hard landing took out that nylon gear like it was nothing.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
DOH! Managed to knock the bearing out of the tail motor. Ok, flying in the dust as much as I have might have worn them down some first...

Ugh, time to go motor shopping again.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Well, like I said. It's partly because of all the dust I've been flying in. The other might have to do with hitting the ground tail rotor first. I think it shoved so hard on the shaft that it knocked the bearings out of their channels, and it went down hill from there.

I'm trying to decide what my next step will be. I'm spending my July trip money on repairs, and that's not a good thing.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Muah ha ha ha ha ha!

I broke out the original motors, the ones I set aside because I thought one was bad. Different brands, different KV, so I couldn't just swap one. I plugged each one in, and tried it out. They all worked. AWESOME!!!

I locked them all in place, and took it out for a flight.

I'm so addicted. The humming sound of the props, that buzz as you snap it out of forward flight into a sudden hover. The easy swooping banking turns, and the slow and gentle yaw pirouettes. I just want to fly until I can't see it anymore because the night as set in. Of course... I could always add lights.