Lowrider CNC

dkj4linux

Elite member
Gotta have a needle cutter... but ya need a laser, too! Sometimes, things just aren't supposed to fly...

20191120_152655.jpg

20191120_152757.jpg

20191120_153133.jpg

Can't help with the servo stuff... but I'm sure you and Jason will figure that out. I've recently been playing with Grbl 1.1h and Lightburn... and I'm really loving both. -- David

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I've been interested in GRBL but haven't found an LCD / SD card controller implementation that makes sense to me yet. Are you using it via LCD/SD card interface or USB streaming direct from a computer?

dkj4linux

Elite member
I'm using a Pi 3b+ running CNC.js... @jeffeb3, over on the V1Engineering (MPCNC) forum, created a really neat V1Pi image with Octoprint and CNC.js both pre-installed. The Pi connects to Grbl over USB... and serves up a webpage for control through a browser. I sit in my recliner, do my CAD and CAM, tab over CNC.js and load/run my gccode. I really like this setup... tired quickly of shuffling the SD card around...

20191113_092317.jpg

Aii within "eyeshot"; .. recliner, slippers, maybe a glass of Merlot, a darkened room, a movie, Prusa MK2S printing a Pi case, MPCNC "Joe" lasering an MPCNC logo... or cutting earrings for daughter, a Pi 3B+ and CNC.js for control, and Tux to keep an eye on things. I've grown fond of this setup... ;)

Microbuss

I have had my lowrider 2 working as a normal router for a couple months (done a few planes with a 1/32 bit which does the job but not clean, and done a few wooden signs for friends) but adding the multi tool system from thingiverse starting off with the needle cutter. When it comes to powering it, think I would be OK using an old laptop power supply from the adrino power supply with an xt60 to allow for tool changes later on? Use the board power supply to power the motor/esc and the servo tester to control speed

skama302

Bonjour, svp aidez-moi à installer et configurer Tmc2130 V3 SPI sur SKR pro 1.2 pour ma lowrider CNC v2.

Attachments

• IMG_20230813_143119_104.jpg
    IMG_20230813_143119_104.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0

Schuster

You could just use a small random scrap of wood attached just to the small central circle with the two bolt holes provided.