Mach-None Maiden Flight

Grakon

MachNone1.JPG MachNone2.JPG MachNone3.jpg

Memorial Day was the Maiden flight for the Mach-None, It could not have been better. If anyone remembers this design, it was designed for a TD 049. with limited flight times and an engine that had to be wide open to make the Mach-None fly. This on the other hand tore up the sky at half throttle and fly's like its on rails. With a nice roll rate, inverted flight and low passes a few feet of the ground was truly awesome.

Thorsclaw

I'm assuming you got the plans from an online source like outerzone do you have a link?

I love the green and yellow it reminds me of John deere!

Grakon

I did get the plans from outerzone I converted them to a foam design... The Fuselage is one complete cut out. The wings are a little more advanced since they are semi symmetrical I used a 1/4" wood spar and ribs. This enables you to align the wing halves. The canopy is foam cut out glued together and sanded to form the round look. I can post them if you are interested...

Winglet

Brings back memories. I had a Mach None and a Pacer. Those TDs were hard to run. What a joy with brushless electric. Super nice job!

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Ohh, there goes that midwest rivalry.

Though I've lost the zeal of pro football I used to be a fan of Bears of course. Here in Maine though everyone is a Patriots fan.
A couple weeks ago I had to point out that Jim McMahan has 2 Super Bowl rings. 1 he got playing for the Bears, the other for the Packers. Both he got defeating the Patriots.

Grakon

What size printer or plots do most people use? 8.5" x 11" 11" x 17" 24" x 36" or 20" x 30" I have a plotter but it's our of service so I create 11" x 17" PDF's.

Michael9865

Elite member
I did get the plans from outerzone I converted them to a foam design... The Fuselage is one complete cut out. The wings are a little more advanced since they are semi symmetrical I used a 1/4" wood spar and ribs. This enables you to align the wing halves. The canopy is foam cut out glued together and sanded to form the round look. I can post them if you are interested...

Looks awesome. Yes, please post your updated plans.

smithhayward

Large Child
What size printer or plots do most people use? 8.5" x 11" 11" x 17" 24" x 36" or 20" x 30" I have a plotter but it's our of service so I create 11" x 17" PDF's.

Your best bet is 8.5" x 11". That will have the widest compatibility. Takes longer to stitch them together, but it is what it is.

planebreaker2000

I use 8.5x11 almost exclusively because I choose not to buy 11x17 capable printers. It is almost cheaper to buy a printer than buy a ink refill.

Grakon

PLANS 8.5X11 SHEETS

This is a zip file that contains the 19 8.5x11 sheets to complete the Mach-None. I have made two of these so far. Both fly very well! I did not put a rudder on either of them. I have the option on the plans. The first one I put the servos on the bottom of the wing. The second on the top of the wing. I messed one servo up so I made the change. The cockpit is easy just remove the paper all sides glue them together line them up largest to smallest sand down to a nice shape and glue on the fuselage. I created a double rib system so once you glue them together sand them so they are even. Make sure your spar is true. but to tell you the truth my first one was curved a wee. The wing came out a little reverse Dihedral 1/4" max but it was all good!

Rich

Attachments

• Mach-None by Grakon 8.5X11.zip
    467.9 KB · Views: 15

planebreaker2000

Thank you.

The plans look great.

A couple of questions: What motor/prop/battery do you use? What was your AUW? What is the wingspan?

Again Thank you

Grakon

It's a 40" wing span one has a 2212 1400kv the other is a 2200kv with a 7" prop. The battery is a 3cell 2200mAh and a 1500mah. Both work good. I only have one servo in the rear it needed no additional CG work. I placed the battery right at the CG the only thing that went in the front compartment area is the ESC.

Rich

Grakon

One more thing. Leave the lower front hatch open until the last...You will need to have the motor bolted down and on the motor mount when you install it. Otherwise you will never get at the screws to tighten it down. I mounted the engine on the fire wall then hot glued it in place and then closed it up for good.

Grakon

24x36 plots

I made 24x36 plots for my buddy and thought I would post them...

Rich

Attachments

• Mach None-1_24X36.pdf
    357.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Mach None-2_24X36.pdf
    45.6 KB · Views: 14