Magnetic Screwdriver

Bigeard

Hello All FT Staff ,
I have recently bought an FT Commuter (kit form) together with Power Pack A to complete the build , although it is quite enjoyable doing the build , may I make a suggestion . Some of the screws to fit the motor to the firewall are extremely small and quite awkward to actually screw in using the screwdriver provided and Im dammed if I can find my miniature driver set . It would be a great deal easier if the screwdriver head was magnetic so as to hold the screw in position ! Is this apossibility for future kits / power packs ?

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
Hello All FT Staff ,
I have recently bought an FT Commuter (kit form) together with Power Pack A to complete the build , although it is quite enjoyable doing the build , may I make a suggestion . Some of the screws to fit the motor to the firewall are extremely small and quite awkward to actually screw in using the screwdriver provided and Im dammed if I can find my miniature driver set . It would be a great deal easier if the screwdriver head was magnetic so as to hold the screw in position ! Is this apossibility for future kits / power packs ?
Just put a magnet on the shaft of the driver. To be honest, outside of these special situations a magnet screwdriver can be an absolute pain in the ass, so just putting a magnet on the shaft of the driver would be your best bet

Pieliker96

Elite member
1640885834739.png
Magnets on the shaft works!

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
i have my screwdrivers and hex heads stored so that once in place the tips of them are resting on a magnet. this ensures that they are always magnetized.

20211231_085832.jpg

sorry for crappy pic but you get the idea.

laters,

me :cool: