MAH and volts ??

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
7.4 volts is also called 2 cell LiPo. The mAh is the capacity, a 250mAh is small, while a 800mAh is larger and heavier.What battery do you want to use with what plane?

berryr1

well the sky runner's manel says a 250mah 7.4 volt

but just wont to now if it's ok to uses a 800mah in the plain then i wont need to buy a new battery

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
well the sky runner's manel says a 250mah 7.4 volt

but just wont to now if it's ok to uses a 800mah in the plain then i wont need to buy a new battery

It will work, you won't burn anything, but it might just get too heavy to fly. Go ahead and plug it in, double check your polarity first.

An 800 is more than three times heavier than a 250mAh.

berryr1

well it dosen't feel that havy but i will try it out and get back.

so if i have got this right
MAH just mean how much power the battery can hold. e.g. the amount of water in a bottle the bigger the number the more it has.

earthsciteach

Yes, the higher the mah, the greater the energy in the battery, the longer you can fly. As colorex said, given that the battery is not too heavy for the airplane.

Mike oxbig

15% nitro is my cologne
MAH just mean how much power the battery can hold. e.g. the amount of water in a bottle the bigger the number the more it has.

You got it. Mah is fuel in the tank. The more you have the longer you can fly.

Just another thing to consider is that the bigger battery doesn't change your center of gravity. Shifting your c of g even a little bit can make the plane fly terribly.

Bigshow4u

You got it. Mah is fuel in the tank. The more you have the longer you can fly.

Just another thing to consider is that the bigger battery doesn't change your center of gravity. Shifting your c of g even a little bit can make the plane fly terribly.

You mean it DOES change the CG right? lol

berryr1

well i got the battery and well small doses not describe it. although the plain will need some ajusments to fit it.

berryr1

i have flown the plain and it doses all right with only three channels it's harder to control in the wind. but i think the smaller battery will have to do as puting that 800 in will make it nose dive unless i put it just behind the wings. i crashed it also and broke the nose but i used wood glue and cocktail stick to fix it