Maiden Flight - FT Mini Mustang

dehager

Hello Flite Test family... This is my first post on the FT Forums.

Here is the maiden flight for my FT Mini Mustang built using a speed build kit. I have tried to keep the video post to one minute to avoid overall boredom. The airplane flies great and I couldn't be more pleased!!! Initial flight was with a 3S / 850mAh battery but I enjoy the airplane better with a 2S 800mAh battery. For the small field that I fly at, the additional speed the Mustang carries from the weight of the 3S battery makes for some interesting approaches. The 3S has incredible speed and vertical performance but for my space the 2S is better. Initial flight times were 5 to 8 mins depending on the throttle control.

Weight without battery: 217g, 7.65oz
Flight Pack F
3S 850mAh LiPo battery / 2S 800mAh Lipo battery (preferred battery)
APC 6 x 4E electric prop, Gemfan 38mm spinner
Createx paint / Water slide inkjet decals

Enjoy,
D Hager

Last edited:

CarolineTyler

Legendary member

Here is the maiden flight for my FT Mini Mustang built using a speed build kit. I have tried to keep the video post to one minute to avoid overall boredom. The airplane flies great and I couldn't be more pleased!!! Initial flight was with a 3S / 850mAh battery but I enjoy the airplane better with a 2S 800mAh battery. For the small field that I fly at, the additional speed the Mustang carries from the weight of the 3S battery makes for some interesting approaches. The 3S has incredible speed and vertical performance but for my space the 2S is better. Initial flight times were 5 to 8 mins depending on the throttle control.

Flight Pack F

Enjoy,
D Hager
Great job, the mini Mustang is a super flying model. I can see that this isn't your first plane ;)

Arcfyre

Elite member
Easily one of the best looking mustangs I've seen on the forums. Very clean build, love the details. Nice flying too, wishing you many happy landings!

Musdang

Not Quite Legendary

Flight Pack F

Enjoy,
D Hager
Hello! Not trying to wake an old tread , but how do you make you spinner/where did you get it from?