Make a rc wing stronger

Adawgfly

Hello, I have recently started in the rc hobby and am in the process of making a wing. The only problem is that when I take the controls of anything that is supposed to go up, it crashes and breaks. Is there any way I could reinforce the wings to
decrease the probability of it breaking in a crash.

Thank you for your time

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Wooden or carbon spars would help. Also, getting some stick time in a simulator would help lessen the amount of crashes :)

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Hello, I have recently started in the rc hobby and am in the process of making a wing. The only problem is that when I take the controls of anything that is supposed to go up, it crashes and breaks. Is there any way I could reinforce the wings to
decrease the probability of it breaking in a crash.

Thank you for your time

From your post I assume that your reinforcing requirement is against impact damage rather than from high G fold type problems.

I build and sell flying wings out of FB locally and the leading edge reinforcement I use is in 2 levels of impact resistance. The first is to use a cloth based reinforcing tape along the wing LE which helps to stop the wing tearing from an impact on the LE, though it will still allow some crush and distortion of the LE.

Secondly I have sometimes included a strip of CF in the wing LE fold when the gluing is done at the time of folding of the wing. This CF strip provides some crush protection up to a certain point only and when combined with the cloth tape I have seen them fly into a tree and bounce out again apparently without any serious damage, paint and other scratches will still occur.

Whilst other methods can provide additional strength the weight increases rapidly when you start adding serious heavy reinforcements.

If your requirements are different to what I have assumed please elaborate further.

Have fun!