Make more swappables!!

BornToSoar

Hey Flitetest, you guys should make a swappable motor glider, and new FPV plane with one engine, because the cruiser, although awesome, isn't using the power pod and I'm on a very little budget to buy more parts. Hope this gives you guys some ideas. Oh, and you guys should make a STOL plane, park flyer. I'm a total noobie, so I have a question, can you do any other mixes other than a elevon mixing on a DX4e?

johanjonker

I think there is a lot of us that would like a motor glider.. and I would like the glider to be my FPV as well, the cruiser is worth the cost of the extra motor and esc.. its really a brilliant plane.. for FPV mine has a 6min flight time, and not really the perfect FPV platform for me..
As for a "parkflyer" all the swappables I see as park flyers

eagle4

You say you're a noob, have you built their other swappables yet? Nut all, ft flyer, delta? I quite like the bloody wonder. I think once you've built those you might even be able to come up with your own swappables

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
Well Josh and David are supposed to be doing a glider shootout so I fully expect at least one and probably two glider designs in the near future (I'm guessing they'd only do a SBK version of the "winner" but wouldn't be surprised to see them post plans for both.)

There's always the fowl flyer for an alternative swappable FPV plane. I keep forgetting that it's a swappable and have it on my build list. (In fact have all the parts on hand so will probably try and start a build on this week...just been too busy to build anything the past few weeks.)

And as others have said they're really all park flyers (the spitfire is more fun with more room and I assume the cruiser is as well....but I had fun with my spitfire at the park this morning.)

As for STOL pretty much every one I've built leaps off the ground in just a few feet (the BW does great vertical takeoffs) and can drop out of the sky in very little space with just a little skill. Though I wouldn't mind something styled more like a traditional bush plane...and suspect we'll see some of those come out of this:
http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?4445-CONTEST!!!!-Build-a-STOL-Bush-Plane

That being said I'm all for more swappables, but they really do have quite a selection already. Since they don't have kits for them yet it's easy to forget the FF, OF and BW...lets see...can I name all 10?

Nutball
FT Flyer
Delta
Bloody Wonder
Fowl Flyer
Old Fogey
Baby Blender (v1 and v2)
FT3D
Cruiser
Spitfire

Yep! Looks like I can :) I haven't done a 3D yet since I'm waiting to see what kind of tweaks they make to it before releasing the SBK. And I haven't done a cruiser yet because I only have one higher power pod. (I do have 2 24g motor pods but I'm not sure how well the cruiser would do with those instead of the bigger motors)

I haven't done the FF yet since I keep forgetting about it and keep forgetting that it's a pusher and good for FPV. I've been thinking about shoving my beat up disposable camcorder into the nose of the Old Fogey since it's such a gentle flyer...but I don't think it would do well with that much weight up there. I really should build up a FF I suppose....

Webdragon

yes, more swappables.. I have a delta built and a spitfire cut out an ready to build.

Will you ever allow user submitted swappables?

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
There's been quite a few user created swappables already. Some of them have been extremely impressive.

earthsciteach

Um, there are already a couple of builds on here. Just do your moderator magic, consolidate and organize those!

Actually, can you set up a "User Designed Swappable" forum category thingy? That way everything is under a very obvious heading.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Um, there are already a couple of builds on here. Just do your moderator magic, consolidate and organize those!

Actually, can you set up a "User Designed Swappable" forum category thingy? That way everything is under a very obvious heading.

Probably the best course, would be for someone to create a thread where other people can submit their swappable designs. The OP could then edit the first post to continuously update the list.

sameerkm

I would definitely love to see swappable glider with a big wing span. Something like the Parkzone Radian, which stays in the air for a long time without the need of much power and control inputs. Something which will be quite relaxing to fly. Come on Josh, David... please, please make one. You guys have great ideas.