Maker Foam

mach1 rc

Master member
Yeah the problem with the new foamboard is that it is a pain to ship. It would be great if local hobby shops would supply it more often.
Agreed it would be awesome if hobby shops would carry them. Because I'm in TN it cost 43 dollars to ship the brown foam board

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
If it's not Adam's, it could be possible that the brown board might be discontinued. Hopefully, not.
There are no stickers except the ones they put on at Hobbytown. I'm pretty sure it's made by Adams though, as some of the prototypes they showed in their videos were in Adam's boxes, and the first batches were brown. I also think they said they were working with Adams to do this as well.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
There are no stickers except the ones they put on at Hobbytown. I'm pretty sure it's made by Adams though, as some of the prototypes they showed in their videos were in Adam's boxes, and the first batches were brown. I also think they said they were working with Adams to do this as well.
I hope it is. Would be nice to have all those options. Fingers crossed! LOL!

Zetoyoc

Elite member
I was going to order a box of maker foam today but the shipping made me hesitate. I ended up getting the 25 pack of brown foam since it ships free. I like it and it works. Unless i hear the new white stuff is significantly better ill save my $24 shipping fee for something I can use :)

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
So it has 25 folded sheets to basically make a regular box of 50... for $99US, and there is a $25 shipping fee. That makes it basically $2.50 a sheet, I have paid that for Adams DTFB before. Not that I had a choice at the time but I found places that sell it for $1.25/sheet
Yeah, it’s a bit more, but to me it’s worth it having it already waterproofed as it saves me one more step.

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
i really want to get some of the thick stuff but $120 for 15 sheets of foam! no way. not sure what FT is thinking. they are pricing themselves out of their niche.

just my $.02,

me :cool:
group purchases are a good way to get the thicker foam board. its almost twice as thick and is a bifold so its twice as large. it costs $8 per bifold sheet, so $4 dollars per sheet. Per in3 of foam board it's the same as the brown stuff. :)