Maker Foam

wrangler90

I just posted these questions in the Flite Test customer support:

Good Morning,

Can I use the new Maker Foam as a direct substitute to Adams Ready board or the Flite Test Water Resistant Adams Ready Board? Will it change the flight characteristics? Or the build techniques that are required in the master build in the molding or forming? Is it stronger for crash purposes than the other two foam boards listed above?

I'll post their response when I receive it.

Hi Wrangler90,

Sorry for the delay, Yes, you can sub out the adams foam for the maker foam. It is stronger but will still dent under impact. You would use the same build techniques. I hope this helps you out and please let me know if you have any other questions.

Sero

Elite member
Finally got my review put together, if you're thinking about buying the new maker foam check it out!

Great review! Its disappointing that the new maker foam isn't as good with water as the brown FTFB. I'm sure once painted it will be fine but sometimes the inside of the plane gates wet and you can't paint that.

Mind if I share this on social media?

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Great review! Its disappointing that the new maker foam isn't as good with water as the brown FTFB. I'm sure once painted it will be fine but sometimes the inside of the plane gates wet and you can't paint that.

Mind if I share this on social media?

It's still very water resistant, just not as much so as the original water proof board. I had to soak it under water for 10 min to damage it. It held up to being splashed just as well as the original.
I suspect this is a compromise to help keep the weight down as it is very light for it's over all strength.

Feel free to share with whomever, posted it for anyone curious. I'll do another when I get to build with it.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Great review! You sure have the perfect place for the vapor inductrix! It makes me want an inductrix sooo bad!!
I love that little guy! Lol

I wasn't sure about the vapor at first, it being so light and fragile feeling, but after flying it for a while I'd recommend it! I've flown it in my house but its tricky, takes some practice. A nice open one car garage would work, about as small of a space one can fly enjoyably (although I enjoy challenges 😉)

The inductix is hands down my favorite mini quad I've ever owned. I started with the hubsan fpv because I flew a lot of their little x4s to practice with but its 1/10th the flier that inductix is.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I love that little guy! Lol

I wasn't sure about the vapor at first, it being so light and fragile feeling, but after flying it for a while I'd recommend it! I've flown it in my house but its tricky, takes some practice. A nice open one car garage would work, about as small of a space one can fly enjoyably (although I enjoy challenges 😉)

The inductix is hands down my favorite mini quad I've ever owned. I started with the hubsan fpv because I flew a lot of their little x4s to practice with but its 1/10th the flier that inductix is.
I’m thinking about getting an inductrix soon, while I can. I’m not sure how the new laws will affect fpv but as I’ll just be flying it in our house and garage, it won’t matter. But since they won’t be sold anymore there probably won’t be replacement parts... 😕