Making it fit

FastCrash45

Elite member
Is it just me or do others have problems msking things fit into the mini's? Trying to put an 18 amp esc into the mini corsair and not one of my several batteries fit. I guess my shaky dystonia arms just aren't letting me do it. Any tips would be nice. Keep in mind I buy the smallest batteries I can find.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Is it just me or do others have problems msking things fit into the mini's? Trying to put an 18 amp esc into the mini corsair and not one of my several batteries fit. I guess my shaky dystonia arms just aren't letting me do it. Any tips would be nice. Keep in mind I buy the smallest batteries I can find.
The nose area of most minis is full of FB from the powerpod. I try to use the space by fitting my ESC in the powerpod even if I have to cut some of it away to allow it to fit. If you build your mini with the paper removed from the inside of the fuselage, the change in weight distribution can actually allow you to mount the ESC closer to the centre of the plane and leave the front area clear for the fitting of the battery and the powerpod.

A pic of your problem might allow others to realize, or recognize, your issue and suggest any solutions that they have implemented to solve the very same issue!

Have fun!

Arcfyre

Elite member
I have the same problem. I have only one ESC, motor, and battery set that I use for whichever mini I'm flying at the moment. None of my other gear will fit and I tend to keep to the bigger models because of it.

mayan

Legendary member
I also had problems with real estate in the mini’s in the past don’t seem to have one any more. I use big ESCs (20A/30A) and put them right behind the power pod. I tend to push my servos as far back as possible in the fuselage so that there is room inside to even push it further back. Hope this helps.

FastCrash45

Elite member
Thanks everyone. I got to carving out some foam and getting things to fit. I also found that the 18a esc is 1/4in larger than my new 30a and also heavier. Won't need that much esc for the plane but I would have to carve TOO much to make the 18a work. Carefully peeled off some paper in the rear and that helped a bit with the cg.

basslord1124

Master member
Yeah I found that out with the FT Mini Scout (first mini I had built). I had to cut a little bit off the lower front of the fuselage so my battery wires would fit.